How do I remove sling mount from PG stock?

needncash

So I encountered a problem when I tried to put my new sling on last night. The front mount is 1.25" wide and the rear is 1.00". I figured I would remove the rear sling mount from the stock, open it up a bit to accept the sling, refinish it and re-install. Unfortunately not that easy. I removed the stock, then the rubber butt pad. I found a 13mm bolt that holds the sling mount and I removed it but nothing loosened up. What do I need to do in order to remove the sling tab out of the stock?

Edited by needncash
spelling

If it would make things any easier for you, Specter Gear will sell you the rear attachment strap that goes with their Benelli sling as a separate item if you call them

http://www.spectergear.com/benelli_cqb_sling.htm

I use their buttstock shell carrier as my rear attachment point

http://www.spectergear.com/shotgun_bsh.htm

Later,

:) Hookster

Edited by Hookster
added 2nd link

Thanks Hookster, that helps but should I admit defeat this early? I have alot of time today and really want the factory mount out at this point. Any step by step info would be helpful.

Looking at the exploded diagram in the spare parts booklet that comes with the manual it looks like after you remove the butt pad you need to remove

part#

053J stock retaining nut

278J stock retaining piece

279J field stock retaining spring

280J stock retaining pin

280J appears to be the part that goes through the sling plate which looks like it should just push out sideways once the pin has been removed

Later,

Hookster :)

I thought the same thing, why threads and a nut? I thought possible loctite had it stuck, so i tried to tap it loose and I got nowhere. The only thing i can imagine at this point is that it could be done by twisting the buttstock upon assembly to draw in 278J. Once it is tight a nut is installed for security and its done, never to be disassembled. Is that possible, can someone pull their M4 PG stock apart and see if they hit the same roadblock?

I have been faced with this project from **** all day and still no sling on the M4. There must be some loose mfg. tolerances because my rear sling mount is actually less than an inch when measured. I am having togive up and call Benelli tomorrow unless anybody has a new idea.

Edited by needncash
spelling