SBE 1 with D shim still shoots low

clays

I'm a lefty with a standard (i.e. right hand) SBE 1. I've got a D shim and a DS spacer (with DS facing inward away from the butt, which it sounds like may be an issue?). The gun still shoots a bit low and I'm at a loss for what to do. From everything I can find, the D is the largest drop shim made, so I'm at my wits end. Does anyone have suggestions? Help please!

Edited by clays

OK, now I'm even more confused. By my thinking if the gun is shooting low, I need a thicker shim to drop my eye (i.e. rear sight) in order raise the front sight. I found the below post in one of the many searches I've done and it seems to indicate the opposite approach. Can anyone help explain that for me? Will using a C shim actually raise the POI vs. a D?

If the gun shoots low, then you need a thinner shim. If your high, use a thicker shim. What most shooters want is a 60/40 pattern. Where 60% of your pattern is high and 40% is lower. Be sure with the locking plate (the part thats heavy and goes in the stock) to use the corresponding plate that matches the shim that you use: 55mm shim=55mm locking plate.

edited to remove link to post titled M2 Shims, how to adjust it?, don't have enough posts...

Thanks a ton for the help on this! I have the C and B shims already so I can give that a try. Does anyone know what locking plate I need to use for a left handed shooter? I have the C locking plate, but I'm guessing that's not what I need to use to get it set up for a lefty.