M2 unloading

Flycaster

I seem to be missing something.

When I unload my M2 after a days shooting. I pull back the bolt and eject the round. Then I push the carrier up and unload the mag. The carrier stays up and I can't move the bolt forward unless I put my finger into the bit of the bolt and push the carrier down. The bolts slides forward and I have to hold it or my finger will get caught.

I have never experienced this with my other auto loaders. What am I doing wrong?

I seem to be missing something.

When I unload my M2 after a days shooting. I pull back the bolt and eject the round. Then I push the carrier up and unload the mag. The carrier stays up and I can't move the bolt forward unless I put my finger into the bit of the bolt and push the carrier down. The bolts slides forward and I have to hold it or my finger will get caught.

I have never experienced this with my other auto loaders. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know that you are doing anything wrong as my M2 does the same thing if I pull the bolt back let it go forward slightly so the carrier pops up and then pull it back again. I think its a little quirk with how the carrier assembly interfaces with the bolt notches. (I posted some about that interaction here: http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20660&page=4 if you are interested)

However, the one thing I would do instead of putting your finger in the way of the bolt is to tap forward on the bolt handle with the heel of your hand. That makes mine close when it gets into that position without endangering my appendages. I find that you can also pull the bolt handle all the way to the rear and let go and that also clears the problem. Its really an academic problem as it has never failed in that way while shooting.