Vinci Newbie - Crio Choke Tubes

Vinci2010

New to this game, just bought a Vinci with 28" barrel and took a safety class. Plan on future waterfowl hunting next season and possible rabbit or small game. I'm wanting to improve my skills so I plan to try my luck at trap or skeet and join a league. The Vinci comes with the standard 5 crio choke tubes - full, improved modified, modified, improved cylinder, and cylinder. I've been searching for chart or recomended usage for the different chokes but can't seem to find much information on this topic which is baffeling. Without purchasing additional extended skeet chokes and having to choose from the stock 5 chokes that were included, can anyone tell me which choke may work the best for trap or skeet and what are the recommended uses for the rest of the chokes: full, improved modified, modified, improved cylinder, and cylinder?

For trap, the improved mod or full is a good choice. For skeet, imp. cyl. or cyl. will work. For rabbit and small game, imp.cyl or mod. would be good. The way you have them listed indicates the tightest pattern choke to the widest pattern i.e. full, imp. mod, mod, imp. cyl. and cyl. Full is the tightest, and cyl. is the widest. The supplied chokes will be all that you need, except for turkey, and maybe waterfowl. Hope this helps. Enjoy the new Vinci, and welcome to the world of Benelli.. Mike

Thanks, I'm surprised that this type of information is not more readily available. The shot patterns of the chokes have to be tested and retested by Benelli, why wouldn't they make that information public?

The choke, gun, and ammo is what makes up the pattern. One gun with one choke with one kind of ammo will pattern better than another. That's why it's not public info. If you really want to know how your gun patterns, you will have to hit the patterning board and see for yourself.

Hog explained it perfect but the only way to get your true pattern is to find out for yourself.

Novaking.

Usually, 20, 30, and 40 yards. This will give you an idea of what the chokes will do. Find someone with a trap thrower and spend the afternoon shooting in an informal setting. It is a great deal of fun, and you will learn the ins and outs of the gun and the range at which each choke works best at.