Ok, I know you don't like Walmart, but...

sdkidaho

I went into Walmart last night to get my watch band fixed and while I waited I hit the sporting goods section. They have Federal and Winchester shells on sale right now - 100 rounds for $15.

Are these good shells or is it more low end crap like you guys were talking about with their guns?

Thats not the sale price, they are that much all year long! ( $15.22 I believe :0) )

Who hates Walmart, they need to be slapped!! :D

Anyways, I will admit it, I shoot the crap out of those because they are so cheap and I have never had a single jam, or missfire with them. I have shot many thousands of them without any problems.

A friend and I shot up 700 of them last weekend through his beretta 390 and my benelli super sport. ( Practicing up for an event )

I buy the good stuff for hunting, but for busting up clays they seem to work great for us even out at the longer 50-60 yard shots.

I had bought some Federal loads, and I can't recall what they were (I really wish I had kept the box) for my 20ga Nova pump. Almost every one of those shells became jammed in the gun after firing. So much so that it required taking the gun appart to extract the spent shell.

I hated Federal after that and stuck with Remington from then on. I don't think these Federals at Walmart are the same model of shell, but I am hesitant to buy them.

The price looks good though or is that about right for just about anywhere else?

For those who cannot stomach Walmart... Sportsman Warehouse has Estate Cartridge (Federal Subsidery I believe) target loads for $3.49/box less 5% for case qty discount. Has been a regularly stocked item since the new store in our area opened. Gander has similar box price, but never seems to have them. I've shot 3 or 4 cases this Spring/Winter and never jammed a shell (or my buddies yet.) Seem to burn cleaner than the Winchester and Remy's I've shot recently.

p.s.- The sales staff can spell their name and knows the difference between a shot shell and 'dem bullits also. :D

[ 06-09-2005, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: HavocTec ]

[

p.s.- The sales staff can spell their name and knows the difference between a shot shell and 'dem bullits also.

I think you meant "The sales staff know how to spell their name, and know the difference between a shotshell and 'dem bullits as well.

Which I would have to contradict, I will admit that some, and I emphasize SOME, of the staff know a little bit of what they are talking about. but i have seen them just sit there and argue over rediculously simple things with other customers.

you cant even trust them for there ballons to put on the end of the muzzle...

ri·dic·u·lous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-dky-ls)

adj.

Deserving or inspiring ridicule; absurd, preposterous, or silly. See Synonyms at foolish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[From Latin rdiculus, laughable, from rdre, to laugh.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ri·dicu·lous·ly adv.

ri·dicu·lous·ness n.

My Super Sport handles it, but im still worried over possible trouble ahead. Personally, I prefered premium Fiocchi shells, but my budget and expensive girl friend dictates that I use shortcuts. If any body finds problems with the Federals or Remingtons speak up because I really do not want to junk up a fine Benelli by going cheap with my ammunition.