2002 super black eagle II

DU4ME2

I have the opportunity to purchase this gun....it is in reasonably great condition with a nick in the walnut stock and a scratch in the barrel.....26" barrel....The owner purchased the gun for $1200 and is asking $800..Limited usage..Is this a fair asking price??

Don't think the SBE II came out until early 2005, maybe late 2004.

There is a chart on here somewhere showing the date of manufacture using the serial # of your gun. Maybe someone will post it for you, or you can look around using the search feature.

I'd say that is makes a big difference in price if it's an SBE, or an SBE II. $800 for a wood SBE II might be a good price. Not so sure if $800 is a good price for a wood SBE. I pass on them all the time for $450-$600 :)

I bought my SBEII in 2003 at Charlies Sporting Goods here in ABQ and they had been on the market for just a short period before that? Mine has the BT code on it and was purchased early 2003? I think that a 2002 SBEII would be possible but you would have to be associated with Benelli somehow to get one in 2002? My 2003 Model SBEII has been flawless since day # 1.

Edited by HOGWILD

I have the opportunity to purchase this gun....it is in reasonably great condition with a nick in the walnut stock and a scratch in the barrel.....26" barrel....The owner purchased the gun for $1200 and is asking $800..Limited usage..Is this a fair asking price??

According to the 2010 Standard Catalog of Firearms the SBEII was introduced in the 2005 model year. So being a 2002 SBE II is doubtful. If you can lay your eyes on the weapon, then look on the receiver just below where the bolt locks in the open position. My receiver plainly says Super Black Eagle II there.

Either he has the year wrong or has the model wrong.

Also the Excellent condition price of the SBE according to above is $950. This means that the weapon is in "100% original factory condition without refinishing, repair, alterations or additions of any kind. It must be 98% with respect to blue wear, stock or grip finish and bore."

The Very Good condition price of the SBE is $650. This means that the weapon is in working order and retains approximately 92 percent original metal and wood finish. It must be 100% factory original, but may have some small repairs, alterations, or non-factory additions. NO refinishing is permitted in this category.

As far as the price goes it is smack dab between excellent and very good pricing for an SBE. I would carefully inspect, and fire the weapon to ensure it conforms with the above criteria. I'm suspicious that you are dealing with someone who has their finger on the pulse of the market just by looking at the asking price.

If it is an SBE II then Excellent price is $1000, Very Good is $650

One of the biggest problems, with buying used, non-collectible, weapons (particularly autoloading) is knowing how many rounds have been through the weapon and why is the person "really" wanting to sell the weapon.

Luckily the SBE is basically recoil operated. So I think that you are better shape than buying a gas operated autoloading shotgun. I have my Grandfathers Browning Auto 5 and my dad's Remington Model 11 that shoot well to this day.

My personal experience with used gas operated shotguns has been disappointing. I purchased a "lightly" used Remington Model 58 in the early 70's. This gun operated properly for about 2 hunting seasons and was back and forth to the gunsmith for a year with a quote "jamming" problem that was never fully repaired.

So the year after that I purchased a " lightly used" Remington Model 1100 that made it for 5 years and developed exactly the same problem with the same out come. I subsequently began purchasing pump shotguns and the SBEII is the first autoloader I have purchased since the 1970's as it is not gas operated.

Edited by protondecay123

I am awhere of the markings and I am a SBEII owner.......Possibly, he has athe year wrong, but claims it was a 2002 purchase.....I looked at the gun and it clearly states Super Black Eagle II One scratch on the barrel and on the stock finsh into the wood,...The Benelli logo is also missing on the bottom of the stock....I gave him a guess at what it was worth and I said about $650...........See what happens......

I bought my SBEII in 2003 at Charlies Sporting Goods here in ABQ and they had been on the market for just a short period before that? Mine has the BT code on it and was purchased early 2003? I think that a 2002 SBEII would be possible but you would have to be associated with Benelli somehow to get one in 2002? My 2003 Model SBEII has been flawless since day # 1.

Can you please post a photo of the BT serial # on your SBE II?

My dealer has some explaining to do. 5-6 of us paid for ours in full in 2004, and didn't receive them until 2005.

I want to rip him a new one about that, and ask for a refund of the interest he made keeping our almost $9000 for months when the gun had been available for around two years :mad:

DSC00252.jpg

I was off a little on my dates/memory, after reviewing my paperwork i special ordered it around Nov or Dec of 2003 and it took forever to get it, about 4 to 5 months. I finally recieved it and payed for it in full on 3/12/2004. But i do feel that there were others that recieved them in late 2003 but only those guys will know that? My bad for the memory issues i lost it in the first Gulf War in 1991?IMG_0222.jpg

Edited by HOGWILD