Im Completely Confused HELP!!!

LV SANTI

alright i plan to buy an m4 soon butt im doing my research on cleaning operating etc etc etc.... butt ive been reading some article saying that their are banned or that only Law enforcement can get them, and something about import laws not allowing you to modify the m4. Im just overwhelmed with confusion can anyone run me down on a quick crash course about the M4 or even a deteailed course if your willingicon10.gif. thanks guys

Your concern is with a federal gun law referred to as 922r.

Scroll down to section ® on this page.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000922----000-.html

® It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925 (d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes except that this subsection shall not apply to— (1) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or

(2) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Attorney General.

Now that we have that out of the way, use some common sense. Do you shoot at a public range or private range?

Do you sell drugs, rob banks, or commit other unlawful acts?

People who get busted for 922r are usually already in more trouble than that to begin with, and 922r is just tacked on.

They don't magically come to your house and kick the door in as soon as you bolt on the offending part.

Edited by tucker301

Your concern is with a federal gun law referred to as 922r.

Scroll down to section ® on this page.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000922----000-.html

® It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925 (d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes except that this subsection shall not apply to— (1) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or

(2) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Attorney General.

Now that we have that out of the way, use some common sense. Do you shoot at a public range or private range?

Do you sell drugs, rob banks, or commit other unlawful acts?

People who get busted for 922r are usually already in more trouble than that to begin with, and 922r is just tacked on.

They don't magically come to your house and kick the door in as soon as you bolt on the offending part.

i mainly will use it for HD, i know their not gonna come and kick my door down butt if i were to ever use it and if its not 922® complaint will that be used against me

i mainly will use it for HD, i know their not gonna come and kick my door down butt if i were to ever use it and if its not 922® complaint will that be used against me

I can't answer that.

It would be up to the prosecutor.

I would hope that if you used it in a justifiable HD scenario that you would be forgiven, but the truth is that no one knows what will happen until such a situation actually plays itself out.

I personally wouldn't be concerned about it unless I were taking the gun to a public range.

hey SANTI, the m4 is legal in your state. so buy it w/ pg stock and dont change anything on it and you're safe. once you learn more about the laws of your state and being BS922... compliant, then you can mess with aftermarket tacti-cool parts!! or, just leave it alone, take it to the range and shoot the sh-t out of it.

:eek: :eek:

yeah thats what kinda confused me too, because i live in Nevada and well almost everything is allowed here from supressors to even explosives to a certain degree.

Nevada?? You live in a State (like me) where firearm ownership is not impeded upon with silly "you can't have this attachment because it's a violation" rules. You should be able to enjoy the M4, as it should be enjoyed, without worries.

hey SANTI, the m4 is legal in your state. so buy it w/ pg stock and dont change anything on it and you're safe. once you learn more about the laws of your state and being BS922... compliant, then you can mess with aftermarket tacti-cool parts!!;) or, just leave it alone, take it to the range and shoot the sh-t out of it.:D

I agree. you will soon learn that 922r is silly