Which Tactical Light for Benelli M4?

ShottyNewb

Picking up an Benelli M4 soon and was wondering which manufacturer offers best rail mounted Tac light for this shotgun? What custom mods if any are useful for home defense?Really just want to keep it basic-it seems alot of people like to pretend theyre special ops commandos and add too many accessories to theyre rails.Any suggestions for simple,useful add ons or mods would be appreciated.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picking up an Benelli M4 soon and was wondering which manufacturer offers best rail mounted Tac light for this shotgun? What custom mods if any are useful for home defense?Really just want to keep it basic-it seems alot of people like to pretend theyre special ops commandos and add too many accessories to theyre rails.Any suggestions for simple,useful add ons or mods would be appreciated.

You said it best keep it basic. I personaly dont even like lights.

I would get a full length tube its always good to have a few extra rounds.

Thanks for the reply.I had an encounter with a would be home invader a couple years ago-I had my pistol but a tactical light would have been crucial.how would you see your target otherwise?also,I hear about guys getting their barrels shortened at gun smiths-are there any laws or stipulations against this?I know they're less accurate but this is for close range home defense situation

Thanks for the reply.I had an encounter with a would be home invader a couple years ago-I had my pistol but a tactical light would have been crucial.how would you see your target otherwise?also,I hear about guys getting their barrels shortened at gun smiths-are there any laws or stipulations against this?I know they're less accurate but this is for close range home defense situation

Wow man that sucks. where I live you can see no problem with all the lights off in the house so I never worried about a light. Beside IMO a light will just give you away I personaly would have the whole house lit up over a dark house and a flash lite.

to clarify, I didnt have to shoot the guy-he bailed before it got to that point. But looking back having a light would have been critical if I had to spot him.Lighting up the whole garage seems like itd given me away alot more than a spotlight in his face. Thanks for the replies to guys who have responded thus far.

the whole point for a tac-light is, A- to see your target, and B- to blind your target even to the point they cant even see your silouette!!;) and im telling you, this light above does just that for 1/4 the price of all the expensive brands!!:D i tested it on my neighbor in various different scenarios, and not once could he even see me. not to mention i like the new LED technology plus the longer life of them....

the whole point for a tac-light is, A- to see your target, and B- to blind your target even to the point they cant even see your silouette!! and im telling you, this light above does just that for 1/4 the price of all the expensive brands!!:D i tested it on my neighbor in various different scenarios, and not once could he even see me. not to mention i like the new LED technology plus the longer life of them....

Hey Skeeter,

Are we going to see one of those mounted on your new B&T or Sidearmor?

Hookster :)

ching chong in hong cong!!!!:D but its made out of aircraft aluminum and very very good quality made!!! look up the item # i posted for FEEBAY. ill never buy another surefire again!!

Not even one of these guys

http://soldiersystems.net/2010/01/27/the-surefire-m720-best-in-show/

I'd like to check one of these out in person but I'll be needing it in black

Hoooooooooooooooookster :)

I was all excited when I found a Surefire E1B Led on clearance for 50% off. I bought it about a week ago and already have to send it in for warranty repair. It won't stay on high beam.

That said, i'm not sure if I'm sold on Chinoise tech for tactical equipment. Even the little E1B LED has warnings about it getting very hot. I would be afraid of something pumping out a claimed 900 lumens not being able to dissipate the heat. I don't know if I beleive the claim of 900 Lumens. Has anyone checked the CandlePower forums to see what they say?

Skeeter, you mentioned you had bought Surefire in the past, can you post a side by side comparison of the two lights? It's not scientific but your Chinky light should put the Surefire to shame if you blast them both against a blank wall.

I was all excited when I found a Surefire E1B Led on clearance for 50% off. I bought it about a week ago and already have to send it in for warranty repair. It won't stay on high beam.

That said, i'm not sure if I'm sold on Chinoise tech for tactical equipment. Even the little E1B LED has warnings about it getting very hot. I would be afraid of something pumping out a claimed 900 lumens not being able to dissipate the heat. I don't know if I beleive the claim of 900 Lumens. Has anyone checked the CandlePower forums to see what they say?

Skeeter, you mentioned you had bought Surefire in the past, can you post a side by side comparison of the two lights? It's not scientific but your Chinky light should put the Surefire to shame if you blast them both against a blank wall.

well the way i figure it, i dont carry a weapon for work and dont have to rely on it to save my life everyday. but that being said, the china-man stuff does get warm as well any other manuf. but also does it job flawlessly for me. i guaranty any light forums around WILL claim that the "SURFIRE" or the like lights are the better light. but for a guy who can find better ways to spend 2k rather than on outfitting my 4 go to weapons w/ expensive lights, they work awesome!!;) and i sold my SF m962 setup. but will hopefully get a chance to borrow one and post a side-by-side comparison soon. Good idea Ohio.... TS

I can see your point. However, I think our need for intermittent use and storage also demands high quality equipment. I would be concerned about grabbing some budget item out of the closet in an emergency, after several weeks of storage, and expecting everything to work. The Chinoise batteries may be more prone to leakage, etc.

The Achilles heel of your Chink flashlight is probably extended run time. If you need to leave it on for an extended period, any design deficiencies in heat dissipation may cook it.

Remember Clint Smith's advice; "One Flashlight is None and Two is One!" Keep a spare handy of a different design and possibly a different manufacturer.

to clarify, I didnt have to shoot the guy-he bailed before it got to that point. But looking back having a light would have been critical if I had to spot him.Lighting up the whole garage seems like itd given me away alot more than a spotlight in his face. Thanks for the replies to guys who have responded thus far.

Oh thats good he just ran off. That would freak me out a bit and get me more of a nut than I already am.

I get it on the light you knew where he was I thought you would look for a person with the light. Makes sence now your way,lol.