Is kip really back?

SKYKING44

Do you always give such accolades when you've not yet had an opportunity to personally try out a product? Just curious.

It's a piece of pipe, threaded at both ends, and painted. I'm not sure what "high" expectations would be.

If you can't stand the wait, Freedom Fighter Tactical has full length Ti tubes on Gun Broker right now. They also have a tempting Ti charging handle. I'm in no hurry and will wait to see what Kip comes up with but the FFT stuff looked good as well; pipe, threads, paint, USA Stamp, new Wolff Spring...what else could you ask for??

It's a piece of pipe, threaded at both ends, and painted. I'm not sure what "high" expectations would be.

If you can't stand the wait, Freedom Fighter Tactical has full length Ti tubes on Gun Broker right now. They also have a tempting Ti charging handle. I'm in no hurry and will wait to see what Kip comes up with but the FFT stuff looked good as well; pipe, threads, paint, USA Stamp, new Wolff Spring...what else could you ask for??

Maybe I'm being dense, but I'm not exactly sure how this addressed the quote of mine you quoted.

Of course I want a good product. The quote of mine you quoted wasn't about that. And I'll be shopping for a full mag tube soon. Only reasons why I've not upgraded yet are 1) 922r and 2) I am not confident I need the extra two shots. Not sure the added weight and hassle will be something I benefit from enough to justify messing with it.

I was just wondering how one (in this case, Skeeter) can cheerlead products one has yet to even see in person yet. That's all. I know a lot of people, including myself, come here to see what people like and don't like, and I would prefer if I read something about a product, in particular a review where someone called a product the "best" or especially if they called the product the "worst" that they had first hand personal knowledge of what they are talking about. I'd like to know why that person felt it was the "best" or the "worst" aside from just adopting a herd mentality. I can get reviews like that in gun magazines.

As I said, years ago everyone raved about the skeletonized stock. I don't recall any objective reviews. I just recall everyone had to have one. I got one, hated it. Look at XD handguns. They get all the accolades, everyone and their mother has one, and personally, I think the gun is a suckfest. The gun feels great in the hand, and my initial impression was ok, this is great. Then I started shooting it. Hate the trigger. Hate the feel. You rarely hear about what people hate about the XD because all you hear is the good. So many people consider it the "best." I consider it the worst.

So I'm looking for more information...and most importantly, what makes it the "best" or what makes it the "worst" or what makes is "okay" or what makes it "meh." I'm sure there are others, especially M4 noobs, who would like as much info as possible...

Anyway, Skeeter's explanation was adequate.

Edited by h.bowman

So I'm looking for more information...and most importantly, what makes it the "best" or what makes it the "worst" or what makes is "okay" or what makes it "meh."

all kidding aside, many here will tell you its the lightest, strongest, best used titanium material, best matching finish and over-all the best replacement tube for the money. thats the only reason im gonna use it. cause there's a few TECHY guys here that try EVERYTHING cause thats how their TECHY brains are wired!!:D they just like to change/tinker with everything even if it works already!! so i trust their opinions and they have'nt steered me in any wrong direction YET.:p

;)

all kidding aside, many here will tell you its the lightest, strongest, best used titanium material, best matching finish and over-all the best replacement tube for the money. thats the only reason im gonna use it. cause there's a few TECHY guys here that try EVERYTHING cause thats how their TECHY brains are wired!! they just like to change/tinker with everything even if it works already!! so i trust their opinions and they have'nt steered me in any wrong direction YET.

I too buy a lot of things that way. Sometimes it works out in my favor, but quite often it doesn't.

And in all reality, with most products, one doesn't necessarily get to try it out before buying.

So I understand where you are coming from - at least to a degree. ;)

Do you always give such accolades when you've not yet had an opportunity to personally try out a product? Just curious.

What makes you think non of us has gotten product?

I ordered and two weeks later my Ti tube arrived.. I'm a technical editor and I will tell you that the workmanship was flawless. Even more importantly it fit the weapon perfectly with zero drama. I install stuff all the time and I know how rare that is.

So, like many others, I have his product and can attest to it's quality.

What makes you think non of us has gotten product?

I ordered and two weeks later my Ti tube arrived.. I'm a technical editor and I will tell you that the workmanship was flawless. Even more importantly it fit the weapon perfectly with zero drama. I install stuff all the time and I know how rare that is.

So, like many others, I have his product and can attest to it's quality.

If you are a technical editor, you need to read my posts with a sharper eye because you missed the whole point. I was wondering how someone such as skeeter who hasn't seen the product yet with his own two eyes could put forth such accolades. That's it. Skeeter admitted he had yet to see the product for himself.

And I wasn't at all questioning Kip's product. Actually, it is irrelevant whose product I was talking about. Its all about putting forth such comments on something you have yet to see for yourself.

That's it.

I tend to not give props to something I have yet to experience myself. Everyone says Ruth's Chris has the best steak. I have yet to get to try it. I'd never say they have the best steak, until I try it. I might say "I heard they have the best steak, but I have yet to try it."

As I said, I come here for information. I hope the information I get is from personal experience, not just regurgitating what others have said, at least to some degree. Read my other posts. I posted comments about things plenty of people talk up, but actually suck. The XD is one of those things. Its a whole big bowl of wrong for a handgun, yet everyone claims it is the best. And I know people who have never shot one, who plan to buy one, and they claim its the best. How do they know?

And I get that people talk, and they repeat what they hear.

When I go to the range, or go train, I know I'm getting REAL feedback, because people discuss what they have, what they used to have, and what they might get...and most importantly, WHY. Perhaps I'm expecting too much out of forum talk.

Edited by h.bowman

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd

Quick update;

• December 18th 2009 our oldest order on the books was 2 days old, long awaited vacation took place...
  • 8 days later Marcy (who wears more hats in this business than I can list) had emergency retinal surgery, putting her out of commission until mid January...
  • Due to delays associated with the aftermath of the surgery we suspended Gunbroker listings, and began advizing patrons there would be some delays...
  • Mid February someone decided it would be novel to put us on 7 minute interval auto- redial, keeping our voicemail full indefinitely, essentially mandating full time damage control so that we could receive legitimate messages (a battle we obviously CAN'T win)... whom ever it is, hopefully he/she will desist when they get their product. ******* has been of little assistance since the offender utilizes an obscure restricted #, and we refuse to change our # knowing THAT would horrify anyone who tries to reach us. At this point we are pleased to convey that we are close to overtaking the setbacks...
  • All paid orders through January 18th are expected to deliver NLT Monday March 22nd...
  • All paid orders placed through Feb 24th are expected to ship the following week...
  • The first week in April we will have all Benelli M4 Full Length Magazine Tubes in stock and ready to ship at all times, with ZERO back-order!!!...
  • Our Titanium Bolt knobs have been revised, and will have heat treated A-2 tangs, with Titanium knobs. We are preparing a product page illustrating why this "hybrid" is superior to solid titanium offerings, of which we have tested, duplicated, and rejected all previously available versions, from various manufacturers...
  • The Picatinny rails are still where they were Dec 18th before the emergency surgery, and will take priority as soon as the existing Mag Tube order commitments are fulfilled....

Please accept our sincere appreciation for everyone's continued interest,

Humbly- Kip Carrier

carriercomp

If you are a technical editor, you need to read my posts with a sharper eye because you missed the whole point. I was wondering how someone such as skeeter who hasn't seen the product yet with his own two eyes could put forth such accolades. That's it. Skeeter admitted he had yet to see the product for himself.

And I wasn't at all questioning Kip's product. Actually, it is irrelevant whose product I was talking about. Its all about putting forth such comments on something you have yet to see for yourself.

That's it.

I tend to not give props to something I have yet to experience myself. Everyone says Ruth's Chris has the best steak. I have yet to get to try it. I'd never say they have the best steak, until I try it. I might say "I heard they have the best steak, but I have yet to try it."

As I said, I come here for information. I hope the information I get is from personal experience, not just regurgitating what others have said, at least to some degree. Read my other posts. I posted comments about things plenty of people talk up, but actually suck. The XD is one of those things. Its a whole big bowl of wrong for a handgun, yet everyone claims it is the best. And I know people who have never shot one, who plan to buy one, and they claim its the best. How do they know?

And I get that people talk, and they repeat what they hear.

When I go to the range, or go train, I know I'm getting REAL feedback, because people discuss what they have, what they used to have, and what they might get...and most importantly, WHY. Perhaps I'm expecting too much out of forum talk.

Sorry then.. I thought you meant "in general".. I have the tube and it's everything people say it is..

I work for a car magazine and parts rarely fit as advertised.. this one did :)