Aimpoint micro on a M4

SHOOTER61

So I got my M4 today and now I want a Aimpoint micro H1 for it. My question is will the Larue low mount work for this application? Anybody got any pics of theres with this setup? And I know I owe you guys some pics of the new M4, but I want to get the Aimpoint and a sling first then some pics. Any good choices for a sling. I got the camo M4 so maybe something with a little color.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17908&highlight=tactical1

The Larue is a great mount, but does not work well with the non-standard picatinny rail on the M4. Kip is said to be getting close to his rail.

I've ordered this one to use on my M4 w/ my T1

http://www.knightarmco.com/shop2/index.php?productID=311

Thanks for the info. I am going to hold off on the purchase until I can figure this out.

Those are hilarious.

As I hold a real aimpoint t-1 in my hand and look at the fake pictures, there are about a dozen obvious differences.

well sure DUGGAN!! obviously they are replicas!! some people are a little skittish to spend 600$ on something they're not sure they'll even like. i was just making a suggestion for those on the fence.;) spend 70$ and not like the size, saves 530$.....

If you hate an Aimpoint, you'll loose less than the cost of the chicom unit reselling it. Your M4 will destroy that chicom unit in no time. You might get away with mounting one on an airsoft or pellet gun.

When I sold my CompM4, I ended up selling the accessories and stock mount apart from the scope. I ended up breaking even.

Look at the ADM and KAC mount when using it with the factory top rail. If you're using the SideArmor or Mesa Tactical top rail, you can also safely use the LaRue mount.

UM, our government seems to love these GUYS lately and continue to put them in a position to OWN part of our DEBT!!!:confused: and since they own part of us now, doesnt that technically mean those knock-offs are U.S. made now?????:D

As a guy with an economics degree, this post made my head spin.

StrangerDanger,

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19219

the above^ thread advises the purchase of this :

The LRP Conversion kit (made by Brugger and Thomas?)

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=51716/pid=26800/sku/LRP_Quick_Release_Conversion_Kit?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&mc_id=10000&cvsfa=2345&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3130303030333537352d3130303030333537352d363432

Someone also advised me of this:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=27291/Product/AD_T1_L_AIMPOINT_MICRO_MOUNT

i haven't gotten either yet, and I don't know anything about the companies

Edited by Fett Tracking

I have an Aimpoint Micro T1 Mounted on a Larue QD (low) Mount that attaches fine to my stock rail. If you are still looking for photos of proof, let me know and I will take some shots for you tonight and get them up here.

I pull the Aimpoint off the Benelli and my M1A and swap them out in seconds without any probs. Not sure if that was your concern.

I have an Aimpoint Micro T1 Mounted on a Larue QD (low) Mount that attaches fine to my stock rail. If you are still looking for photos of proof, let me know and I will take some shots for you tonight and get them up here.

I pull the Aimpoint off the Benelli and my M1A and swap them out in seconds without any probs. Not sure if that was your concern.

please do post pics.. TS

Hey Taylaboy,

How did you like the M1A w/T-1 combo? I saw your post on M14TFL.

I finally got a cheek riser from Coyote M1A

http://www.coyotem1a.com/

They were almost all sold out but I got the 1.25" riser in Crye Multicam. I've been thinking a T-1 on a Sadlak mount might be the way to go.

Later,

Hookster :)

Hey whats up Hookster!! You should post some pix of what you have done to that sucker. Its been awhile. Smith Enterprise just called and they are sending back my Trigger housing today. I sent it in for the "Crazy Horse" Sniper upgrade :)

I am a fan so far of the t1/Larue set up. The cheek riser rounds out it nicely too. I plan on eventually getting a titanuim sadlak scope mount and topping it with a Leupold MK 4, but am enjoying the iron sights/red dot at the moment.

I will post some pix of the Larue set up in a min. stand by.

Hi Stranger:

To date I have only fired the set up with 2 3/4 Slugs. About 200 rounds. No problems so far.

As far as tightening: I tried a few different angles and degrees. They Recommend a 45 Degree angle, which is how I did it. I found that the clamp starts to naturally bite with the bottom of the rail around that degree anyway. Once you cinch it down and lock it in, its not going anywhere. Here are some different angle pix of the set up. The ones where the lever is not locked in is where it starts to bite and take hold. Let me know what you think.

P2260676.jpgP2260675.jpg