Aimpoint micro on a M4

SHOOTER61

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW i need to put a disclaimer here that I purposely mounted it a litlte backwards with the lever on the left side. I have seen people do it both ways. I did it because I can ajust the locking nut at anytime once the aimpoint is put into the mount. The other way around....its stuck forever.

Thank you sir!

That looks nice! :) As Skeeter says "Me likey." I think I'm going to end up with a solid adjustable cheek riser. I'm trying to decide between the DWP and the Karsten model B with the recessed bolts (no knobs). Do the knobs on yours ever work loose from recoil etc.?

The strap on one I got is nice but it still shifts a little side to side with the straps all the way tight. I think in the long run that'll bug me but I had to give the strap on option a try before I went for the drill holes in the stock option.

Later,

Hookster :)

Yeah I remember you bringing that up before (Drilling Holes vs. Strap Style.) I have tried both and eventually went with the DWP Cheek Riser. I didnt find out abour Karstans until after I already made the purchase. The knobs are really heavy and strong. Very solid. Cheek Riser doesnt move at all during shooting, or shift after a day at the range. It stays where you want it and they bite down really good.

If you still have any reservations about drilling the stock....dont. The process is very simple and accurate. Post some pix up when you get that sucker together!

BTW i need to put a disclaimer here that I purposely mounted it a litlte backwards with the lever on the left side. I have seen people do it both ways. I did it because I can ajust the locking nut at anytime once the aimpoint is put into the mount. The other way around....its stuck forever.

Thanks for the pics. I got your PM but cannot reply back because I do not have enough posts. I have decided to go with the Larue mount and a H1. If need be I will replace the rail later. Thanks everybody for all the help.

Set the throw lever "Asian girl" tight to continue with the theme. If you can prevent any movement from the lateral tension, the lug shouldn't be load bearing. If the mount is allowed to slip under recoil, the mount will get toasted.

It should be tight enough that it is a sumbitch to get open with one hand. I like the lever on the left side on the Benelli. It keeps the right side clear of obstructions. It can be an issue when using the bolt handle. Not an absolute deal breaker, but easier.

Before you lock the lever, pull the mount against to the rear of the lug. This way the lug will be seated firmly against the rail when you lock the lever. It gives the mount nowhere to go.

When testing it, I recommend firing a couple shells and check for any kind of contact marks before continuing.

Good Luck Shooter. You are already heading down the right path. I love my other guns, but if the zombies swarmed the streets tonight.....my benelli is definitely my go to gun. Definitely one of the best weapons ever made. This forum is full of guys like StrangerDanger who have ton's of good input. Just come here when you need a sound board and your problems will be solved in hours if not mins. Later man.

Hi Skeeter!

I've had my eyes on that for awhile too

http://www.rapidreticle.com/sopscauto.htm

I've been hoping to run accross one at a gun show that I could check out first hand but haven't been that lucky yet.

Would love to hear opinions if anyone has checked them out first hand. How does it compare to Burris, Trijicon etc....

later,

Hookster :)

Hey HOOKEY, they are located in San Dimas, Crazifornia. you should see if HK or Needncash will go over take some pics and check them out for you. just a thought!!

I figured it would be easier to have you buy one, give it a full rigorous field test and then report your findings back to me.

H;);)Kster

"Before you lock the lever, pull the mount against to the rear of the lug. This way the lug will be seated firmly against the rail when you lock the lever. It gives the mount nowhere to go."

Shouldn't that be against the forward edge of the rail? Recoil is going to drive the mount forward . . .