M1014 Limited Edition Barrel For Sale!

m4blues

Rare!!! Brand new, Never fired, Benelli M1014/M4 Limited Edition 18.5" Barrel.

Barrel has the 2 gas port system for low recoil loads. And is a smooth bore modified choke dia. with no wrenches or chokes to mess with, or threads to worry about!

This is a Very Rare M1014 Combat Barrel!!! And it will work on the M4.

This barrel does not come with pistons..., or sling attachment and clip!

I'm asking $700.00 plus shipping, O.B.O.

Thanks Guys.

Shoot strait and keep your powder dry.

I would give it a 9 or 10 with NO scratches only a light scuff or two where grips contact barrel. ( cant be seen with grips on )

I can send pics to a e-mail add, just not sure how to post them here yet?

Yes it does come with front sight complete.

Thanks for the reply TS.

• 4 weeks later...
Rare!!! Brand new, Never fired, Benelli M1014/M4 Limited Edition 18.5" Barrel.

Barrel has the 2 gas port system for low recoil loads. And is a smooth bore modified choke dia. with no wrenches or chokes to mess with, or threads to worry about!

This is a Very Rare M1014 Combat Barrel!!! And it will work on the M4.

This barrel does not come with pistons..., or sling attachment and clip!

I'm asking $700.00 plus shipping, O.B.O.

Thanks Guys.

Shoot strait and keep your powder dry.

Low recoil barrels had 4 ports ...

Why were the 4 port replaced by the 2 port?

4 ports allowed too much gas to push the pistons. They were slamming unnecessarily hard against the bolt carrier and causing damage. Switching to a 2 port design lowered the impact of the pistons on the bolt carrier, allowing it to still cycle reliably but not beating up the bolt carrier.

Today, the "low recoil" barrels that are for sale are the old model 4 port barrels, as these barrels will potentially be more reliable when using low power ammo, as the 4 ports allow more gas to act on the pistons, but with low power loads it won't be too much pressure, thus avoiding the excess wear on the bolt carrier. Get it? Kind of awkward to explain.

In short:

Modern 11707 barrel = 2 port = good for high power and normal loads, should be good for low power and birdshot loads too, but if you're not oiling right / holding gun right / really weak loads, you could potentially have reliability problems.

Older 1014 barrel (low recoil barrel) = 4 port = high power loads beat up the bolt carrier, normal loads should run ok, and low power loads will run (theoretically) possibly more reliably than a 2 port barrel, as the gas pistons will be pushed harder.

If I was using low recoil OO buck for my HD, I might consider a 4 port barrel ... but if you use all high power loads, 2 ports are better.

I don't think you'll have any trouble selling it, as stated, each barrel is ideal for a different situation. I'm not trying to harm your sale, I'm just letting you know that it's not correctly described at the moment.

Edited by Duggan

Thanks for the info Duggan, it's always good to be better informed on the weapons we have. Sorry for not having my sh-t strait in this post.

And if anyone is interested I'm reducing the price to $500.00

Thanks again!

How do you get the pistons for this barrel. At the risk of sounding ignorant, if you have a complete M4 will this fit properly using the existing pistons? Thanks.