WTB: M4 Field Stock

mikegli

I've been looking around here there isn't much info about sources for these stocks.

I've seen the posts indicating they are expensive but no actual pricing or estimated pricing.

Anyone want to fill me in on what I may be looking at, or anyone who can point me in the appropriate direction?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hi Mike,

You might want to put it in as a saved search on Gunbroker and they will notify you when one comes up.

There is one on this M4 currently for sale

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21718

Maybe you could contact him and buy the stock alone and throw whatever stock you currently have into the deal?

Take Care,

Hookster :)

Hi Mike,

You might want to put it in as a saved search on Gunbroker and they will notify you when one comes up.

There is one on this M4 currently for sale

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21718

Maybe you could contact him and buy the stock alone and throw whatever stock you currently have into the deal?

Take Care,

Hookster :)

Hookster,

I actually saw that ad during my search and considered emailing him but I want to keep the PG stock.

Thanks for the heads up though:cool:

Any other ideas?

the stock you want is getting harder to find lately. so buy the one on gunbroker w/ the stock you want, also buy another pg stock for 100$ or so. then put the pg stock on the other gun and re-sell it. it'll take some manuevering but you get what you want in the end.;) ya cant wait out hard to find parts, cause they get even harder to find.:o

How much are you willing to Pay Supply and demand

Well, thats part of my inquiry, I am trying to figure out how much they are currently selling for. And to answer your question, I'm not currently interested in paying a huge premium but I can appreciate that there are few of these out there.

the stock you want is getting harder to find lately. so buy the one on gunbroker w/ the stock you want, also buy another pg stock for 100$ or so. then put the pg stock on the other gun and re-sell it. it'll take some manuevering but you get what you want in the end.;) ya cant wait out hard to find parts, cause they get even harder to find.:o

This is certainly an option, but I'd have a hard time getting rid of one once they establish a rapport in my safe.

Good luck finding a source for a field stock. 3-gunners sucked the supply dry about 2 years ago, and from what I understand, they are no longer being made.

I got mine about 2 years ago from Acmesports.com. However, they seem to have gone belly up.

You will have a better chance finding a Tele-stock for $100.

The standard PG stocks are dime a dozen. People always think that PG stocks are the way to go, until you actually use them in real world shooting. Look at the worlds top 3-gunners, nearly all field stocks.

Good luck finding a source for a field stock. 3-gunners sucked the supply dry about 2 years ago, and from what I understand, they are no longer being made.

I got mine about 2 years ago from Acmesports.com. However, they seem to have gone belly up.

You will have a better chance finding a Tele-stock for $100.

The standard PG stocks are dime a dozen. People always think that PG stocks are the way to go, until you actually use them in real world shooting. Look at the worlds top 3-gunners, nearly all field stocks.

Want to trade?

Lol, you dont want to pay what Id ask.

The last 2 I saw go went like this.

Guy traded even up, his collapsable Tele-stock, for the field one

the other sold his for $400.

Fair enough, I appreciate the honesty. Maybe if I can swing it, I'll buy yours and a 2nd PG stock then sell one of them.

Decisions, decisions.

• 3 weeks later...

Sigh. I really need the field stock as well, and as mentioned here, for the competition stuff. Taking off the PG would allow me to have a higher capacity mag tube extention. I'm stuck with 4 without it, which for competition isn't much fun.

$205.36. Which is only 5 bucks more than the guy who did the "buy it now" on gunbroker earlier today. I put in a bid for it, but it looks like the other bidder didn't want to risk losing it. :) They still have more of them at Brownells... Just need to figure out what tube extention kit is best for the M4, now that I can legally have more than the stock 4 in the magazine. Happen to know?