BATF Letter Regarding Benelli M1014 / M4 Shotgun Parts Count

M4Madness

Hey M4Madness,

That's outstanding! So adding BOTH a Benelli made telescoping stock AND tube extender would fall within 922r if 1 of the 11 items was switched to an US made part?? Since I am a shotgun newbie, I am sorry for asking this but where does one then get a mag follower. Are they all the same?

I was wondering what happened to this subject, but had assumed it was no longer an issue since it seemed that everyone had the telescoping stock AND tube extender anyway. Thanks for the clarification!

Support your local PJ

Originally posted by AFPJ:

I was wondering what happened to this subject, but had assumed it was no longer an issue since it seemed that everyone had the telescoping stock AND tube extender anyway.

According to the BATF, the issue has never went away -- people have just been ignoring it. As far as I know, there has never been a conviction of a 922® violation, so nobody sweats it.

When Mesa Tactical releases its railed forearm, that will be another US-made part (although a lot more expensive than a follower.) You can find US-made followers here:

Sure Cycle

Thanks for the info. I saw the Extension tube they have on SRM's site that comes with a spring and follower. Seems that the collar is a bit wider than Benelli's. Know anyone who has SRM's extender?

Support your local PJ

M4Madness,,trying to spread your fear tongue.gif here as you did at the ar15 forum,,you got your name in lights there,,we''ll see how many other chicken sh*ts you can scare :D you know I'm lol lol :D :D :D very entertaining,,,, tongue.gif tongue.gif

[ 06-05-2006, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

Originally posted by M1014:

M4Madness,,trying to spread your fear tongue.gif here as you did at the ar15 forum,,you got your name in lights there,,we''ll see how many other chicken sh*ts you can scare :D you know I'm lol lol :D :D :D very entertaining,,,, tongue.gif tongue.gif

Hey, nothing like a simple mag follower swap to remain perfectly legal. ;)

Remember, you guys heard it from me first when I said a year ago that the BATF would crack down on the factory Benelli +2 mag extensions long before they forced Benelli to quit selling them.

Isn't it all such ******** the way they make and word laws? Replace this for that and that for this and you’re legal or illegal. What the **** does it matter if I have shotgun with parts made here or Timbuktu.

Oh I forgot a person with the intent to do harm with a gun might ask himself.

"Wait just a second I can't use this shotgun to go down to the Seven Eleven and blow the cashiers head off it has parts made mostly in the US. Shucks I better go find one made of mostly Timbuktu parts."

What a ****ed up world this is. :mad: :mad:

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring this up again!

I have been looking at the full 20 part list. The question is which ones are part of the M4.

One letter from the ATF will not save you in court.

There should be some more parts added to the Benelli M4 specific list.

Don’t Benelli M4s have

9. Gas pistons

13. Sears

?????????????

That would mess up everything.

9229® list and Benelli part number

Benelli Part #

(1) Frames, receivers 059J

(2) Barrels ????

(3) Barrel extensions XXXX

(4) Mounting blocks (trunnions) XXXX

(5) Muzzle attachments XXXX

(6) Bolts 032J

(7) Bolt carriers 026J

(8) Operating rods XXXX

(9) Gas pistons 269J

(10) Trigger housings 014J

(11) Triggers 009J

(12) Hammers 002J

(13) Sears XXXX

(14) Disconnectors 005B

(15) Buttstocks 160J*, 265J

(16) Pistol grips 117J

(17) Forearms, handguards 070J

(18) Magazine bodies 066J, 313J

(19) Followers 065J

(20) Floorplates XXXX

XXXX = did not find in Benelli parts book

???? = it should be counted as a part but could not find a part #.

* Do we count the fixed pistol grip stock as two parts or as one. In the Benelli book part # 160J is called the (pistol grip stock assembly)……I say one for the fixed pistol grip and two separate parts for the adjustable.

I count (at least) 13 parts for fixed stock and 14 for adjustable stocks.

Anyone as interested as I, should write the BATFE and get an answer for themselves. I am not a lawyer, I am just trying to figure out the lawful way to allow my Benelli to hold 7+1+1.

Sorry for spelling no time to check!

[ 08-01-2006, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: stockplayer ]