Vinci or SBE II ?????

lundinbridge

I am looking for a new 12 ga. auto loader and I am without a doubt going with benelli. The one problem I have is choosing between the Vinci or the SBE II. Right now I am leaning towards the Vinci because I like the feel of it, it shoulders well, and it costs less. Any suggestions or comments that may help me decide are appreciated.

Fit is everything. If it doesn't feel right, chances are your not going to shoot very well with it. I found myself narrowing my search between these same two guns about a year ago. I had read all the reviews and info on both guns and was leaning heavily towards the Vinci. I went down to the gun store to place an order on a Vinci since they didn't have any in stock when I was in there last. Turned out they just got one in, I played around with it, decided I wanted the SBEII and walked out with one. I haven't regretted it once since then.

Anyways...Do you NEED to be able to shoot 3.5" shells? Some people will say they have there purpose, and they do. but 99% of the time you can get the same job done with a 3" shell.

Go to the local gun store. Handle both of them. Just see which one feels the best to you.

There both Benellis...you cant go wrong to terribly much.

man,,if you want fit,,go custom Perazzi,,if you want loads of fun,,go SBE,,mix max 12 ga ammo sizes,,wood to plastic or vice versa,,longer mag capacity for fun shoots,optic selections,put a limb saver on mine what a relief,,those experimental 3.5s get down,,most Benellis fit nearly all the same,,,its a matter of versatility.

Thanks for the input, i have no real need for 3.5"s cause i would be using it mostly for duck and teal. I have heard that 3"s can take down ducks and geese just as well as 3.5"s. Also, what are the differences between 26" and 28" barrels? Are there any advantages with one or the other? And does it affect shot patterns or accuracy?

I use kent fasteel 3" number 4s for ducks and when I'm goose hunting use 2s. I have never had a problem with these loads and they drop like a rock everytime. With a longer barrel the velocity and group size is affected but IMO its not enough to fret about. I have a 28" barrel and I use mine for waterfowl, upland, and turkeys without any problems.

Have you looked at used guns? I picked up my SBEII for $950 and it had never been fired. You probably won't find a deal like that but you could definetly find one barely used about the same price as a vinci.
I like the way you think

I can't tell if you two are being sarcastic or not, but yes I bought a SBEII for $950. The previous owner died before he was ever able to shoot it. Sad days for him, but I walked away with a $1600 gun for a lot less.

Buying used can be risky if you don't know what to look for. Anybody can clean up a gun but you can't hide wear n tear from abuse. Just take your time, inspect the gun closely and always buy from a reputable dealer.

I have owned them both and the Vinci hands down is the better of the two, if you don't need 3.5". I have never been that impressed with the 3.5" cases from the get go. My thought on that is if you cant get your birds close enough with your decoy spread and your calling you had better learn how. Once you do that 2 3/4" shells will work.

Vinci all the way with no close seconds. Best auto loader ever made.

One large factor going into my decision at this point is the price. The $300 or so I'd save with the Vinci would allow me to possibly purchase a deer rifle before the season. Either way there's a lot of grass mowing and garden weeding needed to be done before I can purchase either gun.

check out gunbroker.com for used guns and new. I picked up my new Vinci for $1150 and a used SigP226 for $425. Sold a few also.