what r ur 2 handguns of choice?

xamoel

hi guys,

as you know, German gun laws are kind of restrictive.

f.e., we can only have 2 handguns, for any further handgun we need to get an extra permission.

so i thought about purchasing one with high round capacity, like a glock in .40S&W, and one with a bigger caliber, like a HK45.

now what guns would you get, if you can only have 2 handguns?

best regards

xamoel

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is that you should select 2 of the same caliber and brand. I sold all the other stuff and stuck with 3 .40 caliber glocks. Now I only have to purchase 1 pistol ammo in bulk and I can use full size mags in the smaller size frame as well. I can share accessories, some internal parts and for the most part have the same trigger and grip feel just a longer slide on the larger models. For instance, full size on your hip with 15 rounds, 2 extra 15 round mags, and a compact under your arm with 13 rounds. 58 rounds of .40 s&w and if the fullsize should fail the compact uses the larger mags too.

needcash makes a good point for any situation you'd probably need to have multiple guns... but this thread seemed to be more of a fantastical thread where you would mix in being tacticool and having variety and you went and ruined it with good points and logic...

My opinion is that you should select 2 of the same caliber and brand. I sold all the other stuff and stuck with 3 .40 caliber glocks. Now I only have to purchase 1 pistol ammo in bulk and I can use full size mags in the smaller size frame as well. I can share accessories, some internal parts and for the most part have the same trigger and grip feel just a longer slide on the larger models. For instance, full size on your hip with 15 rounds, 2 extra 15 round mags, and a compact under your arm with 13 rounds. 58 rounds of .40 s&w and if the fullsize should fail the compact uses the larger mags too.

Good point, :D

Glock 31c

Unfortunately, I think we should all pay closer attention to ammo. I read a zombie/apocalypse website last night and their concern is that some calibers will become very scarce, very quickly in any type of real emergency. The military calibers were considered the safest regarding supply and availability of surplus. Although my personal experience was that 357Sig was the only thing on the shelf during the worst of the ammo shortages. I tend to disagree with the premise of keeping everything in one caliber.

I have a SIG P226SCT in 40cal. I can change the caliber to 357Sig by just changing the barrel. I was considering buying a caliber converison kit for 9mm but the prudent choice would be to purchase another P226 in 9mm. Everything should be largely interchangeable and I could convert to any of the three calibers depending on the ammo available.

I also expect any tightening of gun regulation to hit us from the ammo supply side. They can tax ammo until it is prohibitively expensive. No violation of your second amendment rights but no one will be able to afford to shoot. I'm considering buying some bullet molds in different calibers and one of the small reloading presses. Possibly one of the mini hand held ones. Something that can be stashed easily.

I like the SIG P226 for holster carry and as a night stand gun. I am considering a J-Frame S&W Revolver as my CCW.

If you are limited to just two guns, it sounds like you are the target market for the SIG P250. The mechanism has the serial number and there are different slide, caliber conversions, and grip modules. One gun can be re-configured as a high capacity night stand gun and switched over to a mini for CCW. I fired one at the range and was very tempted. I started to see kits sold with the full size and mini frames together.

Edited by OhioM4

I'm with skeeter, my MAC M-10 in .45 (30 rd mags and 1200 rpm) and my sterling MK-4 in 9mm (the best 34 rd mags ever designed, and 600 rpm). 'course the MAC gets pretty long with the old sionics silencer (even with the stock collapsed), and the sterling is a bit long for conceled with the stock folded, so my conceled rig is a Ruger P90DC in .45 with two extra mags hanging. The other stuff is for zombies and revolutions :)

Additional good points have been made but I feel we are going the wrong direction now. Of course full-auto Mac's kick ass but if SHTF would you really want to spray ammo 1200 rounds at a time or put rounds where they are needed individually?

Regardless of ammo preference and brand preference. I think 5000+ rounds of any handgun ammunition and a few matching pistols would be more than enough.

Bottom line, plastic or steel and caliber are personal preference. Just have enough ammo to feed em and a twin to rob for parts if one should fail.