what r ur 2 handguns of choice?

xamoel

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got myself a Sig P226 SCT with magwell grips in 9mm (5x20rd magazine). That's the "combat" pistol in case I ever need to engage in an extended "gun fight".

Haven't got a second yet, but I want it to be a man-stopper. Probably .45. Can't carry in my state (for now) so I'll probably stick with a full-sized .45. I've been eyeing a Springfield Operator. If I could carry, I'd have to re-evaluate. I'd probably go with a compact or sub-compact 9mm, such as the Kahr MK9. (The polymer is too light and uncomfortable for me; and the 9mm is for higher capacity.)

BTW, the zombies need to be dropped with cranial shots or shots to the heart; lungs and other organs won't incapacitate, and their rotted flesh doesn't "pile" very well. 9mm to the cranium will beat a .45 to the chest for zombies ... Hence the hi-cap 9mm. :D

Edited by LeoAtrox

I found a holster for the Swiss Mini!

Sure there may not be much stopping power...but you will have the element of surprise! While the bad guys are ROFLTAO at your gun. You can quick draw and get a bead on them (it does have better sights than a Ruger LCP). Shoot them right in the eyeball...and hope they are not wearing contact lenses...it might deflect the tiny bullet!

IF YOU EVER SHOOT ME WITH A SWISS MINI...AND I EVENTUALLY FIND OUT ABOUT IT...

swissminiholster.jpg

My opinion is that you should select 2 of the same caliber and brand. I sold all the other stuff and stuck with 3 .40 caliber glocks. Now I only have to purchase 1 pistol ammo in bulk and I can use full size mags in the smaller size frame as well. I can share accessories, some internal parts and for the most part have the same trigger and grip feel just a longer slide on the larger models. For instance, full size on your hip with 15 rounds, 2 extra 15 round mags, and a compact under your arm with 13 rounds. 58 rounds of .40 s&w and if the fullsize should fail the compact uses the larger mags too.

Desert Eagle 50 and a S&W Mdl 29-44Mag. No substitute for cubic inches.

Which one made you pro

Hopefully you mean proficient, and not professional. I am barely one and by no means the other...

Anyway, I should have said the HK .45 (USP Elite)

It may have something to do with the 6 inch barrel...

This is in comparison to my Kimber Raptor and Springfield Armory Operator .45s.

does any of you have either a HK mark 23 or a HK 45? if so, how satisfied are you with them?

I had a USP Tactical .45 I wanted a mark 23 but it doesnt fit my hands as well. A friend of mine has an older mark 23 and its amazing. Pretty cool, you can make it a single shot so the slide doesnt move when you want to be sneaky. I LOVED my USP, best handgun I have have ever fired. Unfortunately I sold mine as I dont need a handgun(however I want a lot of them). Will be buying another soon.

Glock 17 is the Glock that started it all, has a lot of different mods for it perfect size and not to big or small very accurate

the.40 has a lot more kick harder to control a 9mm with some trigger mods it's like shooting a 22(kind of) :)

These are the only handguns i ever owned, first bought the HK and shot it and i sucked at aiming got a lil better , And then i bought the Glock 17 And realized how easy it is to shot compared to my HK .40 cal P2000 less kick recoil .

These are the only handguns i ever owned, first bought the HK and shot it and i sucked at aiming got a lil better , And then i bought the Glock 17 And realized how easy it is to shot compared to my HK .40 cal P2000 less kick recoil .

I doubt it was the gun itself. The .40 cal round has a lot of "snap" to it. I have always shot well with 9mm, 44mag, .45ACP, .454 casull, and .460sw. I can BARELY stay on the paper with a .40. I have shot both glocks and springfields in .40 and I got the same results from both. IMO all the HKs I have shot kicked quite a bit less than there same caliber counterpart from another manufacturer.

Not to mention the P2000 has a pretty short barrel, and will therefore be more susceptible to snapping up on you.

Edited by GBMotorsports
Because I can.

LOL, I was the complete oposite. I bought a G17 when they first came out (sold my beretta 92:confused:) I hated the g17 so much cuz I couldnt hit the paper 2 feet in front of me I gave it to my brother for free and I almost just threw it out the window on the way home from the range. I then got the USP 9 much much better. but I could do wonders with the beretta 92 should of never sold it

HK45 is a good choice. If allowed, you may want to look into a model that can take a conversion kit. I know the Sig 250 can be converted to various caliber just by swapping out the barrel and magazine. I personally like shooting any 1911 style such as a Springfield or a Kimber. Again, i'm not sure if thats available in Germany, but they are worth looking into.

For me, a full size, full weight SW1911 .45 ACP is my "go to" handgun of choice. I have one of the early production models and this gem shoots far better than me. Second handgun is an old school S&W model 13-3 in .357 magnum with 4 inch bull barrel (think model 10 with a .357 length chamber).

The .45 S&W shoots absolutely every thing and has never had any problems of any kind. Even though I'm fast approaching the big "60" in my life, I still blow out the 8, 9, and bulleye from a standard pistol target at 50 meters at the range while the other shooters, young, old, local police types, are printing all over their targets. Also still practise shooting at small cans, with my pistols, on the 100 yard rifle range (back stop is 110 yards) and hitting a few. In my early years shooting at moving targets at 100 yards, I was known for my ability to hit them with a pistol, but my eyes are no longer the same as when I was a young woman and those cans are getter more difficult to see. I may have to switch to old large 5 gallon paint cans for the next 10-20 years.

As for the old school revolver, I have lived overseas and in many states of our great country and have never come across a store that doesn't carry some sort of .38 ammunition. Be it .38 shorts, .38 old police, .38 wad cutters, regular .38 specials or hoards of .357 stuff. So if zombies are the rule rather than the exception, I should still be able to find something to feed at least my revolver. Plus after all these years, an old fashion revolver is still a fun gun to shoot.

... I still blow out the 8, 9, and bulleye from a standard pistol target at 50 meters at the range while the other shooters, young, old, local police types, are printing all over their targets.

I can't even see a pistol target at 50 meters, much less the bullseye:eek: