New Nova Problem!! HELP!!

JamesJam

I just bought a new Nova pump 12gauge, 28" barrel, with the Max4 Ccamo and it is awesome! I got it bran new from Dick's Sporting Goods for $350!! What a steal right?

Well I get the gun home and all I have are the 2.75" shells from my old waterfowl gun and the shells won't eject? I would say that one out of five cactually eject properly. Needless to say I was upset. I haven't even shot the gun yet and it isn't even ejecting shells. Is this because the shells weren't fired? That doesn't matter to my old gun. Is it because it is a 3.5" magnum gun? It should fire any size shell from 2.75" to 3.5" correct? I am going today on my lunch break to get some 3.5" shells and see if that makes a difference, and I will ask the guy while I am there. Maybe the gun is defective? I don't even know what the return policy is. I just bought the thing on Tuesday.

This sucks, any help is appreciated!!! [email protected]

I just called Dick's and they said to take the gun to a gunsmith and have it fixed and they will reimbuese me for the cost or take it to them and have it shipped out. They don't have dummy rounds in the store. I am taking it to a gunsmith I know to have him look at it. The guy at Dick's knows what he is talking about too and he said that is really rare for that to happen.

I just bought a Nova in 28" myself and took it out Wednesday for the first time for some trap. It was a little stiff since I didn't clean and lube it first, but it chambered and ejected fine.

I was using Federal 2 3/4 target loads. I would suggest field stripping, cleaning, and lubing and taking it out and actually shooting it. I think you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I took it to the gun shop and the gunsmith said he isn't sure what it is but no matter what size the ammo or brand the ammo is a Benelli should fire and eject without a hitch. HE even ran dummy rounds through it and it still was sticking. Maybe 3 out of 10 will eject. I will keep you guys posted. As long as Dick's pays for it I am happy. I just can't wait to get it back to pratice for duck season!!!

there's something wrong for sure. its not the shells. my nova throughs whatever is put in it, usually the cheapest shot i can find for skeet. i agree with sending it to them or just having them send you a new one. the squeaky wheel gets a new gun. good luck.

The only problem I see with taking it to your gunsmith buddy, is if he isn't Benelli authorized, you probably just voided your warranty, and lost any chance at getting a replacement gun. Good luck with it though, I have two Nova's myself and like them, but now They are sitting in the safe waiting for to be loaned out to buddies, because the SBE II is getting all the attention.