New Vinci Help

ahobgood

Got my new Vinci today, and after 30 years of shooting just about every kind of gun made,

I cannot figure out how to load the thing (according to the book anyway).

Book says to load the magazine first which, as far as I can see, must be done with the bolt closed. But, after loading the magazine, when I open the bolt to put a shell into the barrel, it releases the shell in the magazine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Try loading the magazine tube first. Then push up the little silver lever on the right side of the trigger assembly. This is the shell drop. Once you do this it will allow a shell to leave the mag. tube. Now rack the bolt open and let her slam home. Should take care of the problem.

Got it!!

Thanks.

Seems strange that the manual provides instructions that won't work.

AH

This is a Benelli trait. If you are hunting and want to cross a fence. you just jack out the shell in the chamber and a new one does not get chambered. Therefore you don't have to unload the whole gun. Or if you want to change the shell in the chamber to a bigger one for a goose, it is easily done. It is a good thing, once you get used to the system. The Vinci is a great gun. I hope you like it. Glad I could help. Sorry about the bad info. Welcome to the world of Benelli...Mike

Prior to posting here, I had sent a question to Benelli.

Their answer which came today was; "Drop one into the chamber - close the bolt - then feed the mag tube. That is the way it should be loaded."

Just like every other auto I've had.

What I get for reading the book!

Going to the gun club now to shoot the beast.

Thanks for the help,

Allan

Tomorrow is the day I will hopefully go pick out my new Vinci. It's time to put the I-12 in the rack for a back up :(.

A friend of mine posed the question to be today which caught my attention, it has to do with the easy three piece assembly of the Vinci. Sort of like how a screw gets threaded by being tightened and loosened too many times or a snap button on a coat that has been snapped thousands of times and no longer stays snapped.

Would the assembly of the Vinci eventually overtime loose it's solid locking ability holding the gun very tightly together? I've learned with an inertia system that cleaning the bolt is vital so I for see myself taking it apart often to clean the insides. By me taking it apart and putting it back together so many times be like threading a screw? I'm afraid the gun will eventually not fit tightly back together anymore having the parts slightly shift.

I need some help from a Vinci owner please. Thanks

Adam

Yah I had actually never thought about it before. It does lock up VERY TIGHT, sometimes so the point where I had to work at it for a minute or so. I thought it was a valid question, it's not like a magazine cap that will pinch it all together.

I'm hoping somebody with some Vinci experience can help with this one.

Since mine is new I can't even hazard a guess. Let's hope the QC guys cycled it a few thousand times to test the design.

By the way, from my observation, the much trumpeted "soft" recoil isn't all that soft.

When I mentioned it to one of the Benelli reps, he said it will get softer over time.

We'll see.

I am sure of one thing though. If I shot this gun 4-5000 times during a 3-4 day dove hunt, as some of the reviewers did (and raved about the soft recoil) I'd have a very, very sore shoulder and face.

I don't see any easy way to add weight, which would help, so will just deal with it.

Allan

No matter what they say, the Vinci does have recoil. When you take a shotgun that weighs less than 7 lbs. and put 12 ga. shells through it, it is going to have recoil, period...It may be directed in a different direction, but it has recoil, nonetheless.