M4 Sidearmor M-401

AR-BALLISTIC

Back in the day Sidearmor had this for sale before coming out with their newer model and discontinued it .I currently have this setup on my M4. Anyone else purchase this and have some feedback on how it has held up for them over the years? Thanks, Mike

SPECS:

M-401 Picatinny Rail Interface for Benelli M4/M1014 Shotguns!

This Interface system features:

Dual Mil-Spec M1913 Picatinny rails for mounting lights such as those from Insight/Streamlight and Surefire

Wraparound clamping system for secure lockup. Clamps only to the barrel and does not interfere with the mag tube

Ideal placemnt of light for easy operation with thumb, forefinger or remote switch

Field strips with the weapon. No need to remove the mount to service your shotgun.

Laser-retentive. You do not need to remove your laser from the mount to field strip the weapon.

Weighs only 4oz. Does not adversly affect the balance and pointability of the weapon

CNC Machined from 6061-T6 aircraft grade billet aluminium

Mil-spec (MIL-A-8625) Type III hard anodized

Optional Receiver Rail for mounting any optics system including red-dot/night vision combinations

UPDATED: This mount now fits BOTH military (one piece mag tubes) and civilian (two-piece mag tubes) versions.

Back in the day Sidearmor had this for sale before coming out with their newer model and discontinued it .I currently have this setup on my M4. Anyone else purchase this and have some feedback on how it has held up for them over the years? Thanks, Mike

SPECS:

M-401 Picatinny Rail Interface for Benelli M4/M1014 Shotguns!

This Interface system features:

Dual Mil-Spec M1913 Picatinny rails for mounting lights such as those from Insight/Streamlight and Surefire

Wraparound clamping system for secure lockup. Clamps only to the barrel and does not interfere with the mag tube

Ideal placemnt of light for easy operation with thumb, forefinger or remote switch

Field strips with the weapon. No need to remove the mount to service your shotgun.

Laser-retentive. You do not need to remove your laser from the mount to field strip the weapon.

Weighs only 4oz. Does not adversly affect the balance and pointability of the weapon

CNC Machined from 6061-T6 aircraft grade billet aluminium

Mil-spec (MIL-A-8625) Type III hard anodized

Optional Receiver Rail for mounting any optics system including red-dot/night vision combinations

UPDATED: This mount now fits BOTH military (one piece mag tubes) and civilian (two-piece mag tubes) versions.

Hey Mike,

Do you have a pic? I have the current model Sidearmor rail but I'd love to see what the original model looks like.

Hookster :)

I agree and really like mine. It adds very little weight to the weapon and it is designed so you can remove the barrel with it still attached. :)

I had one. I wish I hadn't sold it. You can mount a light further forward on it compared to the new design. It is a solid mount.

Yeah....it looks good! I'm suprised that they don't still offer that as a product since it fills a different niche than the current model which offers the full length top rail.

What are the little circular cuts in the top (5 on one side and 2 in the other)?

Those are just milling to help lighten the mount because there are more you just can't see in the pic. Also I have a much smaller weapon light on mine the INSIGHT M3X which is perfect size and bright as heck. Mike

Yeah....it looks good! I'm suprised that they don't still offer that as a product since it fills a different niche than the current model which offers the full length top rail.

What are the little circular cuts in the top (5 on one side and 2 in the other)?

Edited by AR-BALLISTIC

INSIGHT makes some great weapon lights. The M3X being one of the best for the M4. It adds a fraction of the weight to the weapon compared to the SUREFIRES.

Yeah... that makes sense. The new model has a lot of cuts on the underside to reduce the weight as well.

I've got an M3x too that I use on one of my ARs

Edited by AR-BALLISTIC

INSIGHT makes some great weapon lights. The MX3 being one of the best for the M4. It adds a fraction of the weight to the weapon compared to the SUREFIRES.

Hi Mike,

I opted for the 135 lumen Streamlight TLR-1 on my M4. I figured the LED might hold up to 12 ga. recoil better than the Xenon and the switch mounting on the Sidearmor rail was simple and very secure

benellim411707017.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

Later,

Hookster

That is an awesome setup you have there. As for the M3X I am confident it can withstand 12 guage recoil without any problems. In fact SIDEARMOR actually recommended the M3 when I purchased the mount.

Hi Mike,

I opted for the 135 lumen Streamlight TLR-1 on my M4. I figured the LED might hold up to 12 ga. recoil better than the Xenon and the switch mounting on the Sidearmor rail was simple and very secure

benellim411707017.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

Later,

Hookster

My issue with the old mount was the inability to route my tape switch to the pistol grip. Mesa has a barrel clamp that might work in some cases. It would allow the light to be mounted closer to the muzzle. It didn't interfere with disassembly either.

Speaking of MRP's, I just bought a 22lr conversion kit for mine from Spikes Tactical. A dedicated 16" barrel, BCG and 10 magazines. A 16" barrel is roughly the length of a 14.5" .223 barrel since the chamber is set back in the 22lr. Trigger time is about to go way up!

When do we get a pic of your Chinese Super-Light mounted on your Swiss forearm? Hey.....did you order another Sidearmor yet?

H-O-O-K-S-T-E-R-:)

a sidearmor rail is on hold for now due to i have spent almost 4k on my mac10,NFA trust lawyer and some more expensive a$$ original walther mags for it. and after i recoup the $$ after selling the extra m1014 i have, ill put it back into more MAC sh-t!!:D and once my tac-light mount arrives, ill post pics.