Benchmade Knives

heckler&kochp2000

im not sure G!! and have always wondered what those flamethrower shells would actually do to a barrel anyways.:o

I met a lady selling specialty rounds at the gun show, and when I asked her about the flamethrowers and bird bombs she made me swear I wasn't a cop and then told me they were $7 a shell. She says(and id take this with very little value) that she shoots them out of her bespoke $30000 HH o/u all the time with no ill effects. She didn't sell me on them.

I carry a Benchmade Mini-Grip every day. I like the axial lock. You can hold back the lock and flick the blade open easily with one hand. I did not like the auto-assist versions. I'm not sure what you meant by Auto, I like the "out the front" autos and I think Benchmade's look great. One of the out the front actions is still on my wish list.

In Ohio the laws are not really clear. We used to have blade length restrictions that were not consistently enforced. The "Out the Front" autos and switch blades are supposedly illegal but are for sale at every gun show and shop. I think the current law restricts "Deadly Weapons" so you can buy anything and its not illegal until you use it on someone...so technically pen knives and sporks could be illegal.

I carry a Benchmade Mini-Grip every day. I like the axial lock. You can hold back the lock and flick the blade open easily with one hand. I did not like the auto-assist versions. I'm not sure what you meant by Auto, I like the "out the front" autos and I think Benchmade's look great. One of the out the front actions is still on my wish list.

In Ohio the laws are not really clear. We used to have blade length restrictions that were not consistently enforced. The "Out the Front" autos and switch blades are supposedly illegal but are for sale at every gun show and shop. I think the current law restricts "Deadly Weapons" so you can buy anything and its not illegal until you use it on someone...so technically pen knives and sporks could be illegal.

We can buy any knife here in Illinois. You just can't carry auto or butterfly.

I met a lady selling specialty rounds at the gun show, and when I asked her about the flamethrowers and bird bombs....

Not to hijack, I've used the bird bombs from ammunitiontogo and they are pretty cool. VERY load compared to others I've used. Launch like a grenade, low power (wouldn't cycle my M2) but still pretty good distance. I have some Fiocchi impact ones also, but they need a rifled bbl so tumble out of the M2 and aren't reliable from a smooth bore.

I'm not tryingto be a smartazz. But can you tell me that you had the best of everything? You need the best when fighting for are coutry

No, I can't say that I had the best of everything...but I can say that I had the best that was offered at the time the decision was made to purchase item "x".

Like anything today, equipment and technology is outdated almost by the time it hits the store shelves...it is hard for the military to keep up without spending an exponentially larger amount of money. A compromise has to be made somewhere.

So, sorry for mistaking your comment for azz-hattery. I think the DoD is doing the best that they can. (Trying to get a wheeled vehicle to do 60MPH with the crew in relative comfort and withstand a high order blast from a 6 pack of EFPs is a daunting task.)