Urbino vs. Fore end?

slider76

Looking at the potential price of the Urbino ($600-$700 IIRC) vs. prices ($200-$300) for US made fore ends, I'm leaning towards fore ends for purely economic reasons.

However, the question remains, and I hope more experienced shooters can help me out with this. For civilian shooters, is a shorter LOP worth the premium one would be paying? How exactly does a shorter LOP affect a shooter and accuracy?

This is a combo question: 922r (again), but also functionality.

I don't plan on mounting an optic, and AM considering a light, but don't feel like I need one just yet.

Due to work and life, I haven't even been able to shoot my M4 yet to pattern and sight.

Thanks for looking,

slider

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be 700 bucks. High end of the 200's maybe ... The reason we don't see any aftermarket stocks for the M4 out there is that nobody thinks there's a big enough market for them. If the price is too high, it will only serve to reinforce that thinking. The higher the price, the narrower your market will be for a product. If they want it to succeed, they're going to need to offer it at a price point that is attractive to everyone.

Here looks like a good cheap light mount from Mesa Tactical.

100.jpg

For your other compliance items, you want a US made Magazine Tube and a US made follower.

I didn't care much for the Surefire rail system. It was okay, but I would rather have the factory forearm. It didn't make for a very good option for mounting a light directly to. Anything mounted to it seem to impede hand placement. It would be great if you were mounting a rail mounted tape switch though. Some of us were looking at how it would work when used with a Magpul AFG.

Thanks, have the full length tube and follower taken care of already.. =)

Thanks for the input regarding the fore end though.

Here looks like a good cheap light mount from Mesa Tactical.

100.jpg

For your other compliance items, you want a US made Magazine Tube and a US made follower.

I didn't care much for the Surefire rail system. It was okay, but I would rather have the factory forearm. It didn't make for a very good option for mounting a light directly to. Anything mounted to it seem to impede hand placement. It would be great if you were mounting a rail mounted tape switch though. Some of us were looking at how it would work when used with a Magpul AFG.