Pattern Master

shell waster

I have never used a Pattern Master choke tube, and I am condering one for my SBE. Some guys swear by them, some guys say they are junk. I will be shooting 3 1/2" steel BB's and #2 for geese and duck. Are they worth it in terms of pattern and do they have any effect on recoil? Any other choke suggestions.

I haven't used one but I can tell you the factory chokes on my Benelli worked fine on ducks, geese, a tundra swan, deer and quail this year. The missing on the birds wasn't because of the choke tube. I would consider an aftermarket tube for Turkey but not for standard hunting.

shell waster,

I'd second the vote for Terror Tubes made by the Sure Cycle company. I'm next in line to purchase one, as many of my waterfowling buddies have already done.

They're reasonably priced at $60. I'd like to purchase 2 of them.....one for waterfowl and one for predator hunting.

There's a lot of talk about the Terror Tubes on the Refuge Forums. http://refugeforums.com/refuge

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, Lets not write off the pattern master so quickly. I've visited different choke maker web sites and went throught their product info, and the Pattern Master seem to be the most convincing. Most of the people I've been talking to, have just good words about it. Last week I was at Cabela's just north of Toledo and asked one of the fire arm sales person what his opinion was on the Pattern Master, he said that their store had sold 476 Pattern Master chokes last year and that the comments he's been getting were just good.

What I'd like to know is, has anyone tried it, and if so ,what was the name and make of the other choke it was compaired too. Thanks

I've been using a Patternmaster for about 2 years (old style and new style - "wad wizard"). I shoot federal P156's with BBs at jackrabbits and sandhill cranes at long range (55+ yards) and kill both regularly. None of my friends kill them so effectively with their chokes/shells. I also use the wad wizard with P156's with #4B on coyotes, the combination is deadly! I patterned it against trulocks (which I do like, by the way), and the patternmaster outperformed them at long range. It was a bit too tight at closer range, which is why I also use the trulocks (mostly for quail and dove with 7.5 pellets).