Your opinion on Aimpoint Comp M4s Red Dot Sight

NEWGUNNER

i wanted to go with the micro-t1 as well, but i'm waiting for GG&G to produce their micro-t1 mount with the integrated lens covers in a lower version, suitable for shotguns.

i mailed them about it, and they said maybe they gonna produce one. i surely hope they will, as i dont want to scratch the lenses and protect it from wind and weather.

Aimpoints are EXCELLENT products and the M4S(with the low battery mount) is the best sight they have ever made.

That said, in my opinion it's a rifle (carbine) sight and not the best for the M4 if that's what you had in mind for it.

I had an Aimpoint T-1 and an EoTech 55? on my M4 and have found a cheaper alternative to be much better -- the Burris FastFire II. It's light, doesn't obscure one's field of view and the dot is easy to pick up. You can even buy the picatinney mount that shields the sight from getting banged around.

By the way, I have almost all red dot and tactical sights (AP, EoTech, Burris, Leupold, Trijicon) on some weapon and they're all very good quality. It's a personal assessment on what works best for each application.

Good luck.

Aimpoints are EXCELLENT products and the M4S(with the low battery mount) is the best sight they have ever made.

That said, in my opinion it's a rifle (carbine) sight and not the best for the M4 if that's what you had in mind for it.

I had an Aimpoint T-1 and an EoTech 55? on my M4 and have found a cheaper alternative to be much better -- the Burris FastFire II. It's light, doesn't obscure one's field of view and the dot is easy to pick up. You can even buy the picatinney mount that shields the sight from getting banged around.

By the way, I have almost all red dot and tactical sights (AP, EoTech, Burris, Leupold, Trijicon) on some weapon and they're all very good quality. It's a personal assessment on what works best for each application.

Good luck.

Thank you for the nice write up, that is what I am looking for.

Please keep them coming.

I wouldn't worry too much about scratching or obstructing the glass on the Aimpoint. I was on a trip in the desert on Tuesday all day. We got hailed on, then snowed on for most of the trip. We covered approximately 4 miles, with about 1200 feet of elevation gain at around 4000 feet. A lot of water and snow collected on the optic. I randomly checked the optic to see how much it had been obstructed. I had little trouble viewing through it. It wouldn't really be worth the slowed down reaction time to have the lenses covered. They're not sealed anyway, so water would get in there anyway.

You should try Daniel Defense to see if they plan to make a low mount for the T1. It is significantly lighter than any other option. No QD feature.