M4 follower question...

AR-BALLISTIC

I just purchased this FOLLOWER for my M4 from BROWNELLS and installed it fine. My question for you guys is its a little SHORTER than the FACTORY FOLLOWER is that a problem. Seems oK I haven't taken the M4 out yet to test it and figured I would ask first.Also the old factory FOLLOWER has this little RED plastic piece that snaps into the follower. Am I suppose to snap that into the BROWNELLS aluminum follower or just install the new aluminum follower as is. Thanks. Mike

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=44592/pid=20384/sku/Benelli_Follower__Alum__Red__12_3__Ga

Edited by AR-BALLISTIC

I dont know if this helps but:

I bought the exact follower from Brownells and just completely swapped it out with the old stock one (and the little extra guy.) It has worked perfectly for me, no problems of any kind a few hundred rounds later. I replaced mine cause the old plastic one just looked kinda crappy and it was a nice minor upgrade.

Whats "the little extra guy" I guess what I am asking is does the one from BROWNELLS need the little red plastic piece off the factory follower?

I dont know if this helps but:

I bought the exact follower from Brownells and just completely swapped it out with the old stock one (and the little extra guy.) It has worked perfectly for me, no problems of any kind a few hundred rounds later. I replaced mine cause the old plastic one just looked kinda crappy and it was a nice minor upgrade.

Edited by AR-BALLISTIC

the little peice you were talking about that snaps in the back of the plastic follower. I am not looking at it now, but it just appeared to me to be a replacement/back up for the stock peice, but I cant remember. Bottom line though, you should be good to go with the Brownells one. So, No........you dont need to put it on your new one. Somebody correct me if I am wrong though.....I am no Jedi.

LOL... I just looked at the instructions that came with the BROWNELLS RED ALUMINUM follower and it doesn't mention the little red piece on the factory follower at all so I am glad I didn't try and put it on the new BROWNELLS FOLLOWER. :D

the little peice you were talking about that snaps in the back of the plastic follower. I am not looking at it now, but it just appeared to me to be a replacement/back up for the stock peice, but I cant remember. Bottom line though, you should be good to go with the Brownells one. So, No........you dont need to put it on your new one. Somebody correct me if I am wrong though.....I am no Jedi.

This new Red Aluminum follower is really nice. I want to thank you guys for recommending it. Mike:)

Ha. That little extra peice threw me off too. It originally came off the back of the follower and was rattling around the Mag Tube when I swapped the stock tube out for one of Kip's. I was glad to see it go :)