BENELLI FACTORY FULL MAG TUBE question...

AR-BALLISTIC

PS::::::::::::for all you aftermarket freaks that are watering down your M1014s and m4s for whatever silly reason,,''buyer beware'' on those pistons

For once we agree.

I for one would be extremely cautious in replacing such a critical and high stress item as a gas piston.

I can envision all types of scenarios where having a gas piston that is too hard or too soft, too brittle or too malleable would royal mess up operation of the gun, let alone the integrity of the entire gun.

This is not to detract from the machinists intention nor those who wish to comply with silly old 922r, instead it is just a warning ... lots of testing went into benelli's own gas pistons, and even they got it wrong the first time, and it required a barrel port change because the pistons were screwing up the bolt carrier.

My $.02

Edited by Duggan

For once we agree.

I for one would be extremely cautious in replacing such a critical and high stress item as a gas piston.

I can envision all types of scenarios where having a gas piston that is too hard or too soft, too brittle or too malleable would royal mess up operation of the gun, let alone the integrity of the entire gun.

This is not to detract from the machinists intention nor those who wish to comply with silly old 922r, instead it is just a warning ... lots of testing went into benelli's own gas pistons, even even they got it wrong the first time, and it required a barrel port change because the pistons were screwing up the bolt carrier.

My $.02

That's $.06 with the devalued $. But an excellent post.

Funny This topics arises. I purchased a full lenght tube for my M2 on GB. I can only hope its actually a Benelli. I as well could have purchased one of the many other brands and probaly would if I had to do it a second time as there appears no way to confirm authenticy. None the less its looks great. dxd

For once we agree.

This is not to detract from the machinists intention nor those who wish to comply with silly old 922r, instead it is just a warning ... lots of testing went into benelli's own gas pistons, and even they got it wrong the first time, and it required a barrel port change because the pistons were screwing up the bolt carrier.

My $.02

I agree..............:)

For once we agree.

My $.02

we agree,now we can be buddieeeeees