M2 or Vinci

mightye152

I'm debating on whether or not to purchase the Benelli M2 or the new Vinci. The M2 has been around for quite a while and i haven't heard of many problems with the M2, while the Vinci is still new and hasn't been around for very long.They are both priced pretty much equally, so that is not an issue. I'd really like to hear what some people have to say about their M2 or Vinci. Have many problems occured? Do they both cycle 2 3/4 light loads easily?

I'm not looking for a tactical shotgun...I'm looking at the M2 or the vinci for hunting purposes.

I apologize that was off topic. I was responding to Skeeters response.

As for the two guns for hunting purposes....Have you ever fired either of them? As far as I know the inertia system that they run on is identical. They should both fire the same rounds, so IMO the only real factor for you to decide would be which one feels best. If you can, shoot both of em.

I'm debating on whether or not to purchase the Benelli M2 or the new Vinci. The M2 has been around for quite a while and i haven't heard of many problems with the M2, while the Vinci is still new and hasn't been around for very long.They are both priced pretty much equally, so that is not an issue. I'd really like to hear what some people have to say about their M2 or Vinci. Have many problems occured? Do they both cycle 2 3/4 light loads easily?

I recently purchased a new Vinci on GunBroker for $1150 and am shooting 1oz loads at the skeet range without a hiccup. I've got a couple of buddies that have been shooting M2's for a few years. I have been shooting an older SBE(18 years) also and decided to buy the Vinci after handling it. I love the fit and finish and it shoots great. I would take a shot at the Vinci, but either way you'll end up with a great shooter.

I apologize that was off topic. I was responding to Skeeters response.

As for the two guns for hunting purposes....Have you ever fired either of them? As far as I know the inertia system that they run on is identical. They should both fire the same rounds, so IMO the only real factor for you to decide would be which one feels best. If you can, shoot both of em.

The function of the inertia system is similar except the Vinci's system is a straight back recoil(no spring or movement in the stock) as opposed to the recoil back and down(into the spring in the stock) on the M2. I find the Vinci to have a very differant feel, a more solid sound from the action. This might be the result of the "straight Back" action which is quieter than the M2 or SBE.

Both are great guns. Hattles makes a good point. The Vinci has an "inline inertia" system. Some may say it shoots faster because the return spring doesnt travel as far. I would say go on comfort. If you can shoot them both, definitely take advantage of that. At the very least, shoulder them. For fitting purposes, I usually shoulder the gun with my eyes closed, and then open my eyes to see if I'm looking down the rib or the side of the barrel. This doesnt work for some people but it gives me a good idea of how everything lines up. You will have a great gun either way, just go with what is comfortable.

I own both the M2 and the Vinci. Both great guns and you really can't go wrong with either.

Both guns have had no problems cycling light loads. As far as cycle time you will never be able to shoot effectively faster than the gun will cycle. Getting back on target faster is what it's all about.

The function of the inertia system is similar except the Vinci's system is a straight back recoil(no spring or movement in the stock) as opposed to the recoil back and down(into the spring in the stock) on the M2. I find the Vinci to have a very differant feel, a more solid sound from the action. This might be the result of the "straight Back" action which is quieter than the M2 or SBE.

I learn something new everyday!

I have the M4 and I do hunt quail with it... I love the short barrel and can make very quick doubles and an occasional 3rd bird. I have used my trusted O/U for years but gave it up for the M4 and have not looked back.

I know there are the diehards that say you need a looooong barrel for hunting, but for me I like the M4.

I have the M4 and I do hunt quail with it... I love the short barrel and can make very quick doubles and an occasional 3rd bird. I have used my trusted O/U for years but gave it up for the M4 and have not looked back.

I know there are the diehards that say you need a looooong barrel for hunting, but for me I like the M4.

If I showed up bird hunting with an M4, I would be laughed outta the state.