SBEII Trigger

GBMotorsports

I have done a few searches and have yet to find a satisfactory answer. I have a SBEII and I would like to improve the trigger. From what I have read it seems like I would have to send my trigger/gun to somebody. Is there a kit I can buy to have a local gunsmith install? Has anybody here modified there trigger? what kind and are you happy with it?

I have done a few searches and have yet to find a satisfactory answer. I have a SBEII and I would like to improve the trigger. From what I have read it seems like I would have to send my trigger/gun to somebody. Is there a kit I can buy to have a local gunsmith install? Has anybody here modified there trigger? what kind and are you happy with it?

Why do you want to "improve" your trigger? Is it to hard to pull?

Why do you want to "improve" your trigger? Is it to hard to pull?

Its not "hard to pull". I am more than capable of pulling the trigger when the time comes to do so. Its merely a personal preference. I have become accustomed to a light, crisp trigger pull, and I would like one on my benelli as well.

Yea, the trigger on the SBE2 is garbage/junk

The man you are looking is here

www.theosshotguncorner.com

Trigger you won't believe your eyes

I will post a picture for you later...

Edited by 3oz.

I don't think that is a very accurate statement.

It's a shotgun. For the vast majority of shotgun shooters, trigger pull is a big deal.

If you meant isn't a big deal I will totally agree. Its a shotgun, you are swinging all over the place and have a spread (slugs excepted) and are shooting generally shorter distances than you would with a rifle, thus the trigger pull simply isn't as important as it is on a rifle.

The OP wanted a new/better trigger for personal reasons and thats fine, but I don't know that I would go so far as to call the stock trigger junk.

Now now guys, calm down. I'm not saying that the stock trigger is junk. I have shot many shotguns and its actually one of my favorite stock triggers. BUT! I still would like it to have a lighter pull and a more crisp action. Preferably without having to ship it to somebody. I guess I will have to have a chat with the local gunsmith.

I would think that any gunsmith that can smooth and crisp a handgun or rifle trigger would be able to do the same with a shotgun trigger. Good luck with it.

I had a Gander Mountain gunsmith work on the trigger of a Nova. It was at 14#. He got it down to about 8# and would not go any further. If you put a trigger gauge on you favorite shotgun, you might be suprised at what it is at. For turkey hunting, it is shot more like a rifle. For regular shooting, a heavy trigger is easy to deal with. For me anyways..