M4: taking out the limiter...

rmlm4

what state or country do you live in? cause that isnt supposed to be in a Benelli m4 here. it looks like a limiter for one of benelli's other hunting line guns and was possibly accidentally put in your gun. im sure there are quite a few guys here that would kill for that limiter as ive heard they are hard to come by. you didnt pull out a mag tube spring??

from the philippines. i twisted the mag cap, used improvised pliers to squeeze and pull out that cap that otherwise holds the spring in place, took out the limiter, put the spring back in and screwed the mag cap back on. not sure if it was accidental, but another m4 owner here has the same.

thanks xamoel! i'm actually quite nervous... the whole thing came apart since i wasn't able to screw the magazine cap back on immediately after, hence i had to assemble the m4 one piece at a time... think i did a fairly decent job, but i'd rather that someone who's more familiar with it disassemble and assemble it again before i fire it.