Tactical Shotgun Case for M4

Stompy

I have been looking at the 5.11 tactical shogun case for the M4 and M2 tactical.

Whats the best case out right now?

I as well favor the 5.11. The bag is very nice and sturdy as heck. I wish the 5.11 was as priced as the voodoo. La police gear had a good price on the 36' smaller bag. I was able to score the bag pack double rifle bag for about 145.00 shipped. It came with two clip pouches as well.

The 5.11 is $99.99 but only holds one, the voodoo is $95.95 and holds 2.

I might go with the voodoo now if I can cram both the M4 and M2 tactical and 2 handguns in one bag.

I carry my M4 and Ruger 556, Kimber .45 and my Ruger Vaquero plus all the necessary mags and ammo in my VooDoo.

You can actually carry too much in them. :cool:

I have used pelican cases when I was in the military. They are water proof, and damn near bullet proof too. They are nice for long distance travel, but a little too heavy and bulky for frequent range use.

I am a Big Fella, I just carry it under my arm like a school book, LOL, No problem for me and it has wheels :D

I checked out the voodoo double bag at major surplus, but ended up picking up the 5.11single on clearance from lapolicegear. Currently I've got a Sig 226 and my Benelli in there, around 250 rounds of 9, 3 magazines, and about a hundred rounds for my M4. There's also two Cold Steel machetes for when I run out of bullets or need to take care of something with steel instead of lead.

I ended up going with the 5.11 b/c of price. The Voodoo seems nice, but I just didn't need the extra storage for a long gun I don't own.

Besides, IF I had the extra storage, I would probably have jumped on the M1A I've been eyeing and would now be in the dog house permanently... =)

What material is the VooDoo made out of?

5.11 and Eagle (the benchmark in my opinion) all list their material - 1,050-denier nylon, Cordura etc.,

What denier cloth are your products made from?

Denier is a measurement of the weight and therefore thickness of a nylon or other synthetic thread used to make what is generically known as ballistic nylon or pack cloth, and are typically used for tactical packs, vests and pouches. To give you a feel for denier, an ultra sheer pantyhose has a denier of 10 and lightweight nylon jacket will have a denier of 30 to 40. On the other extreme, the Cordura upper on a pair of desert tactical boots is likely to be 1000 or even 1200.

While it is true that the larger the denier number, the heavier the thread, it is not a linear relationship. A 1000 denier thread is not twice as thick as a 500 denier thread, because the thread's denier is determined by its weight, not its thickness. So while a pack made with 1000 denier fabric will arguably be more durable than a pack made with 500 denier fabric, it will not be twice as durable. On the other hand, it will weigh twice as much, cost significantly more, and the material will probably be less flexible.

Most of the Voodoo Tactical brand products we sell are made from 600 denier pack cloth because this is a good compromise between performance, weight and cost.

What denier cloth are your products made from?

Denier is a measurement of the weight and therefore thickness of a nylon or other synthetic thread used to make what is generically known as ballistic nylon or pack cloth, and are typically used for tactical packs, vests and pouches. To give you a feel for denier, an ultra sheer pantyhose has a denier of 10 and lightweight nylon jacket will have a denier of 30 to 40. On the other extreme, the Cordura upper on a pair of desert tactical boots is likely to be 1000 or even 1200.

While it is true that the larger the denier number, the heavier the thread, it is not a linear relationship. A 1000 denier thread is not twice as thick as a 500 denier thread, because the thread's denier is determined by its weight, not its thickness. So while a pack made with 1000 denier fabric will arguably be more durable than a pack made with 500 denier fabric, it will not be twice as durable. On the other hand, it will weigh twice as much, cost significantly more, and the material will probably be less flexible.

Most of the Voodoo Tactical brand products we sell are made from 600 denier pack cloth because this is a good compromise between performance, weight and cost.

Thank you

the voodoo bags look like "condor" brand, which is airsoft stuff. It's decent, but not top quality.

and thank you