Body Armor / Bullet proof Vests

heckler&kochp2000

I have to ask why would anyone want a bullet proof vest. Unless you think you are going to get attacked with guns or plan on attacking someone with guns that return fire, or have enemies with guns that are threatning you or your family, I don't see the logic. I wear them at work and they suck. You sweat, they're heavy and for the most part uncomfortable even if they are fitted.:confused:

I have to ask why would anyone want a bullet proof vest. Unless you think you are going to get attacked with guns or plan on attacking someone with guns that return fire, or have enemies with guns that are threatning you or your family, I don't see the logic. I wear them at work and they suck. You sweat, they're heavy and for the most part uncomfortable even if they are fitted.:confused:

Answer: for protection against bullets :D

Edited by heckler&kochp2000

yes one day when I have cash to waste I will be shopping there.

as for now I have a standard police vest wont stop anything but lil hand guns. it was only 100 bucks from a friend.

Cash to waste?

The whole premise of body armor is that you are spending money to prevent a bullet from entering your body and swiftly killing you.

I'd say that if you are the type of buy body armor for personal protection in the first place, getting body armor actually capable of stopping something is far from a "waste of cash".

Is your life worth a few extra hundred? Mine is.

Granted, I've never used my SAPI plates in any type of shootout and hopefully never will, but it needed ... I have them.

Body armor, imo, is one thing where you should do it right or not at all. If you're going to spend the money and wear around body armor for whatever reason, you might as well get something that is effective.

Why have any type of preps?

Because the future is uncertain, and there are things you can do to tip the odds in your favor.

I certainly wouldn't put SAPI plates up at a high priority for civilian ownership ... but if you're already all set on food, water, power, security, weapons, ammo, BOV etc it's just another option and advantage.

I got a good deal on mine from a friend who got back from Iraq, so I said why not?

I think you already answered you own question!;)

Cash to waste?

The whole premise of body armor is that you are spending money to prevent a bullet from entering your body and swiftly killing you.

I'd say that if you are the type of buy body armor for personal protection in the first place, getting body armor actually capable of stopping something is far from a "waste of cash".

Is your life worth a few extra hundred? Mine is.

Granted, I've never used my SAPI plates in any type of shootout and hopefully never will, but it needed ... I have them.

Body armor, imo, is one thing where you should do it right or not at all. If you're going to spend the money and wear around body armor for whatever reason, you might as well get something that is effective.

I guess I worded that wrong. I should say I have other things in life that are more important than that right now. I fully understand the importance of it "IF" needed that is why I at least got the regular vest.

I get punched in the face for a living and money isnt growing on trees for me but one day I will have one. The website has been book maked in my favs for years now,lol trust me it is on the list.

you really do? i wouldn't mind buying one or 2, if they weren't so awfully expensive. if i ordered one in switzerland they'd cost around 1000 euros each.

YES i do!! and when MADMAX time comes, and the way this administration is going it looks like sooner than later i will have enough to try and keep my family safer!!;) and you'd be amazed at the sh-t i have for prepairdness.:D

I'm sorry but in my opinion this is taking it a bit too far, if it comes down to needing body armor the only thing it's gonna do it delay the inevitable.

Oh really?? ask all the Leo's, Mili's, Security guards etc that have been shot in their vests and are still alive today!! i'll bet they'd call you something not very nice!!;)

I do not have effective body armor at this time. (Two carriers; no inserts.) I would, but it's too expensive for me right now. I don't anticipate needing it. My house is laid out in such a way that it would be a stretch to get my kid out of harm's way and get to a firearm before encountering the baddie; much less put on body armor. It's pretty much down to my wife grabbing the kid while I get the firearm up. Then, time permitting, getting my wife armed before I go out to encounter the baddie.

Would love body armor for the SHTF scenario; but my finances just don't allow me that luxury at this time.

Oh really?? ask all the Leo's, Mili's, Security guards etc that have been shot in their vests and are still alive today!! i'll bet they'd call you something not very nice!!;)

We aren't talking about any of those though are we.

This is about joe civilian thinking that when the **** hits the fan that him, his cabinet full of guns & ammo and some body armor are going to make a difference.

I live in a rural area and can tell you right now that if body armor is the difference between life and death I've alredy failed to keep my home safe.

We aren't talking about any of those though are we.

This is about joe civilian thinking that when the **** hits the fan that him, his cabinet full of guns & ammo and some body armor are going to make a difference.

I live in a rural area and can tell you right now that if body armor is the difference between life and death I've alredy failed to keep my home safe.

When the SHTF all registered will be confiscated :mad: