Need opinions on upgrading to a Supernova!

roky0702

I hunt pheasant and deer regularly, I want to get into predator hunting like coyotes soon, and I might do a little duck and turkey here and there. My dad bought me a black Nova when I turned 16 and I love it. However, with the Supernova I like the modularity, Comfortech stock w/ adjustable pads, larger trigger guard, and the other improvements over the Nova. I was also thinking of rather having the realtree camo for turkey/upland/coyote hunting in the warmer months in the woods, but I might just stick with black since it is cheaper and will be easier to use in winter by covering it with a white wrap. Currently my Nova is free to me, but if I could sell it for what my dad bought it for, I wouldn't mind spending a little extra to customize my gun collection to make it to my liking. I would like to get opinions on the two guns, whether it's worth the extra expense, camo vs. black...!

"Cheaper" does not pan out, IMO, when considering a gun purchase, especially if it's only a few hundred bucks. Ten or fifteen years from now, that extra money spent will mean nothing and you got the gun you really wanted.

Guns absolutely do not need hand engraving, etc. but that's what some people want and are willing to pay for it.

Get camo if you want it. It will cover up with white also.

If you decide to sell later, the camo gun will likely still be worth more than black.

"Cheaper" does not pan out, IMO, when considering a gun purchase, especially if it's only a few hundred bucks. Ten or fifteen years from now, that extra money spent will mean nothing and you got the gun you really wanted.

Guns absolutely do not need hand engraving, etc. but that's what some people want and are willing to pay for it.

Get camo if you want it. It will cover up with white also.

If you decide to sell later, the camo gun will likely still be worth more than black.

Well said..

How does the camo hold up on the guns? I saw pictures of a regularly used one and it was chipping all over by the end of the barrel...that is something that would bug the S out of me if that happened. I'd probably just end up getting it in black. I just think a Supernova w/ the Comfortech stock, gel recoil pad, raised comb pad would be a bomb all around hunting gun rather than a plain old nova :(

How does the camo hold up on the guns? I saw pictures of a regularly used one and it was chipping all over by the end of the barrel...that is something that would bug the S out of me if that happened. I'd probably just end up getting it in black. I just think a Supernova w/ the Comfortech stock, gel recoil pad, raised comb pad would be a bomb all around hunting gun rather than a plain old nova :(

No problems here.

Camo is just paint, so if it's chipping, either it's getting solvent or oil(if it's near the muzzle), or it's just being banged around too much.

If I get any chips, I'll just touch them up. It's camo, so who will know? ;)

Edited by Plowjockey

No problems here.

Camo is just paint, so if it's chipping, either it's getting solvent or oil(if it's near the muzzle), or it's just being banged around too much.

If I get any chips, I'll just touch them up. It's camo, so who will know? ;)

What!??? If you do that it's gonna stick out like a sore thumb!......;) just kidding and good point, no one would see it obviously. Well it might be a while so i'll keep pondering on my decision and try and work something out. My dad bought the nova brand new for $300 so I want to get at least that since it seems they have gone up a little in price since then...I hope! Then I gotta find someone willing to buy it, find a good deal on supernova, blah blah blah. I think it will be worth it though.

Camo is a film, not paint. You can't get it back unless you get a gun dipped again. Yes, it will chip if your not careful and yes, it will flake off if you wipe oil or solvent on it. Other than that , the birds have no clue your gun is camo. They could care less. There is not one person here that can say that they have killed more birds because there gun is camo. I have killed twice as many birds with my black nova then the camo supernova I sold 2 weeks ago. The super had steadygrip,burris speeddot. About as decked out as you could get.

Get what you want.