Kip Carrier carriercomp status

Guest cleefurd

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cleefurd
Good to see you back Kip. When you have a chance, can you give us a weight for your bolt handle? The last I heard, it was designed to be large enough to replicate stock weight.

The size looks very similar to the Design Concepts model.

The weight is similar. My postal scale woks in 1/10th increments, and does little but show which is lighter/heavier etc. I need to get one that does grams soon.

The design concepts diameter is 1/2" too (like ours) and works very well with gloves, does not interfere with hot-reloads into the port like the 5/8" and 3/4" tend to. By the way ALL the photos are of our early proto-type, and we will never plagerize a revered competitor's product in any way. We may do limitted runs of what we call the "gargantuan" knobs that at least a few shooters favor. If we enclose the open end it could double as a floatation device.... hmmmmm.... KIDDING.

Near as we can tell with the postal scale the all ti version is a hair less weight, while the hybrid appears to be essentially identical in weight to the OEM knob. Our rejected (all ti) knobs are with DOD for training guns (not for deployment) and I suspect many of those 94 knobs will grow legs but they are good friends/people hence the consideration, not to mention the contracts they furnish so win/win.

We are producing several hundred of the hybrid version that better suits our standard, and won't list it until they are complete in order to avoid any back-order status. We have a newer knurling head that is awaiting custom angled arms direct from Dorian. As soon as Fastenal gives us the call we pick them (arms) up and resume the production on the revised version. Hated the delays but it was preferable to EVER selling an item I considered less than optimal.

Edited by cleefurd

Great news all the way around. I recieved an answer to my email about my tube within a couple of days of submitting it. Looks like it will ship out the end of March. Very much looking forward to it and also the bolt handle when it becomes available.:cool:

This may have already been answered somewhere (and if so, I apologize) but are you guys producing a collapsible stock for the M4? Your gallery shows a pic of some but I can't find any other info on the website. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

KB

Great news all the way around. I recieved an answer to my email about my tube within a couple of days of submitting it. Looks like it will ship out the end of March. Very much looking forward to it and also the bolt handle when it becomes available.:cool:

This may have already been answered somewhere (and if so, I apologize) but are you guys producing a collapsible stock for the M4? Your gallery shows a pic of some but I can't find any other info on the website. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

KB

Heres a copy of the email I receive when I asked the same question. This was on 3/4/2010

"ETA on these items is yet to be determined. At a minimum, a limited production run still lies somewhere in the future. Thank you for your continued interest. Please check in on our storefront from time to time for updates."

I am religiously checking it daily :D to see if it is for sale. I think I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) now because of this LOL

Great tube to be sure. I have one installed.

Just a shame though how much money this guy leaves on the table from an inability to produce product. Got my tube about this time last year and the rails, charging handles and chokes were JUST AROUND THE CORNER-- and still are.

Great tube to be sure. I have one installed.

Just a shame though how much money this guy leaves on the table from an inability to produce product. Got my tube about this time last year and the rails, charging handles and chokes were JUST AROUND THE CORNER-- and still are.

Like most businesses in this political climate, they do not want to take a chance on expansion right now.

Like most businesses in this political climate, they do not want to take a chance on expansion right now.

Ah, that's nonsense. You are talking about a non-perishable product that people want - there is a demand for. Have those two things and you expand, no matter what everyone else is doing. That's just creating an excuse. Which quite a few people around here are good at. :D

Ah, that's nonsense. You are talking about a non-perishable product that people want - there is a demand for. Have those two things and you expand, no matter what everyone else is doing. That's just creating an excuse. Which quite a few people around here are good at. :D

Maybe, maybe not. I get the sense, from Kip's posts and the info on the website, that they are involved in filling orders for their current product line for more customers than those here on this forum. I read something about orders from the military, maybe this is part of the holdup on the other parts. Who knows. I bet he is busy in his shop doing what he does so cut him some slack. Whatever the case, maybe have a little respect for a former Marine and what he's trying to do? Otherwise, you can always go get the current aftermarket stuff that is available for the M4.

Maybe, maybe not. I get the sense, from Kip's posts and the info on the website, that they are involved in filling orders for their current product line for more customers than those here on this forum. I read something about orders from the military, maybe this is part of the holdup on the other parts. Who knows. I bet he is busy in his shop doing what he does so cut him some slack. Whatever the case, maybe have a little respect for a former Marine and what he's trying to do? Otherwise, you can always go get the current aftermarket stuff that is available for the M4.

Well, get this, I didn't mean it to be a direct comment about Kip, more of a direct comment about people who come up with excuses for him. I'm sure Kip has his reasons for whatever delays there are and probably has excellent reasons for not sharing them at all times. But quite often members really go to great lengths to explain away what either 1) can't be explained away, 2) shouldn't be explained away, or 3) trying to explain away a situation with ridculous explanations. Most of which are mere speculations.

I'm confident he is busy in the shop with lots of orders that have nothing to do with M4s. Most shops I'm familiar with have their hands on 10 or 12 projects at any given time, and they tend to work on what pays the bills.

That explanation/speculation is better than anything else I've read around here (actually, some have speculated this very notion).

I have extreme respect for military personnel, past and present, and for you to toss that in there like I'm being disrespectful is not appreciated.

Edited by h.bowman

Well, get this, I didn't mean it to be a direct comment about Kip, more of a direct comment about people who come up with excuses for him. I'm sure Kip has his reasons for whatever delays there are and probably has excellent reasons for not sharing them at all times. But quite often members really go to great lengths to explain away what either 1) can't be explained away, 2) shouldn't be explained away, or 3) trying to explain away a situation with ridculous explanations. Most of which are mere speculations.

I'm confident he is busy in the shop with lots of orders that have nothing to do with M4s. Most shops I'm familiar with have their hands on 10 or 12 projects at any given time, and they tend to work on what pays the bills.

That explanation/speculation is better than anything else I've read around here (actually, some have speculated this very notion).

I have extreme respect for military personnel, past and present, and for you to toss that in there like I'm being disrespectful is not appreciated.

Fair enough. The only thing I would say is try to make that more clear when you post. What I can appreciate is that a couple of sarcastic lines can be construed a bunch of ways and it seems like I took it in a way that you didn't intend. Consequently, that might lead me to believe you weren't being respectful to someone, who it seems, may be sending parts to our boys who are in harms way. Again, it looks like I took it in a way that you didn't intend. That being said, I appreciate you clarifying what your intent was. I'm new here and just recently learned of Kip and what he is doing. My tube is on order and should be here any day. I will be ordering his other parts as they become available and I wish him all the best in his endeavors.:cool: