New Member - Vinci question!

Temptd2

Hi, nice to meetch'all, have a question....

I'm new to shotguns (although not to shooting), I'm a GIRL :D and wonder if anyone has any info as to when/if the Vinci is gonna come in a 20 gauge?

I really want this gun (I think) because all the ComforTech Plus technology looks great but not sure if I can handle a 12 ga. and haven't any friends who shoot so I can try one.

Main purpose, sporting clays now and possibly upland birds at some point.

THANKS!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to shotguns (although not to shooting), I'm a GIRL :D and wonder if anyone has any info as to when/if the Vinci is gonna come in a 20 gauge?

I really want this gun (I think) because all the ComforTech Plus technology looks great but not sure if I can handle a 12 ga. and haven't any friends who shoot so I can try one.

THANKS!

Welcome to the forum!

How big are you? What have you shot previously? Ive had girlfriends go shooting with me as small as 5'2, 110lbs shoot my 12 ga with no problems other than the LOP being a bit to much.

What is it that draws you to the vinci? Why not a cordoba, or a M2? Those two are already offered in a 20ga model if you decide thats what you want.

Welcome to the forum!

How big are you? What have you shot previously? Ive had girlfriends go shooting with me as small as 5'2, 110lbs shoot my 12 ga with no problems other than the LOP being a bit to much.

What is it that draws you to the vinci? Why not a cordoba, or a M2? Those two are already offered in a 20ga model if you decide thats what you want.

HOW BIG AM I?!!! :eek: :p

I'm 5'5" and 135 pounds.

I have shot mostly handguns - S & W J-frame, K-frame most recently. The only shotgun experience I've had was off the aft of a Princess cruise ship in 1989! LOL! NO idea what that was, don't remember it having any kick to it, managed to bring home the trophy for Women's Skeet shooting though. (Not much competition I might say....)

What attracts me to the Vinci is all the great tech for limiting recoil, and I like the looks of the gun. That's important, right?!

ETA: thanks for the welcome!

HOW BIG AM I?!!! :eek: :p

I'm 5'5" and 135 pounds.

I have shot mostly handguns - S & W J-frame, K-frame most recently. The only shotgun experience I've had was off the aft of a Princess cruise ship in 1989! LOL! NO idea what that was, don't remember it having any kick to it, managed to bring home the trophy for Women's Skeet shooting though. (Not much competition I might say....)

What attracts me to the Vinci is all the great tech for limiting recoil, and I like the looks of the gun. That's important, right?!

ETA: thanks for the welcome![/quote

My bad...Where are my manners. Of COURSE looks are important... But if you cant hit squat with it, you'll still get made fun of. I havent heard anything about the vinci being available in a 20 ga anytime soon. Have you handled any of those three guns? THey all have the comfortech stocks and inertia driven design so there should be very little difference in recoil. Ive heard that the Vinci has an in-line inertia system, I guess that reduces recoil a little but, but by how much I am not sure. BUT, the cordoba is a bit heavier than the other two, so felt recoil should be less theoretically.

I had narrowed my decision down to either the vinci or the sbeII and I chose the SBEII after holding the two guns. I LOVE it and dont regret not getting the vinci at all. Im rambling now so I am gonna stop. lol

THANKS!

If you like the Vinci, don't shy away because it's a 12 ga. The gun is very solid, has a more than manageable recoil , manageable weight and is well balanced, and you would be able to change out the standard recoil pad if you have a shorter length of pull as I did.($100-$125-isn't cheap) I also purchased mine on gunbroker.com for $1150 + s/h + local FFL/DROS charges. My neighbor is a small guy and has a bad shooting shoulder, but he loves my Vinci because it doesnt punish him.

I'm sure you will want to put on a shorter recoil pad. You can go to Brownells website and I would suggest the 14" pad-R/H or L/H depending on which way you shoot.

Edited by hattles

If you like the Vinci, don't shy away because it's a 12 ga. The gun is very solid, has a more than manageable recoil , manageable weight and is well balanced, and you would be able to change out the standard recoil pad if you have a shorter length of pull as I did.($100-$125-isn't cheap) I also purchased mine on gunbroker.com for $1150 + s/h + local FFL/DROS charges. My neighbor is a small guy and has a bad shooting shoulder, but he loves my Vinci because it doesnt punish him.

Well, after all of this, I scrolled down and saw that you have opted for the SBEII. Congratulations. I'm sure you will want to put on a shorter recoil pad. You can go to Brownells website and I would suggest the 14" pad-R/H or L/H depending on which way you shoot.

I bought a SBEII, The OP still seems to be undecided. Hattles has a good point. These Benellis all have great recoil reducing abilities. Find which one fits you best, and go with it, you wont be dissapointed if you go with a 12ga. Ive shot through over 700 shells in one afternoon shooting clays and I didnt have a single bruise or sore muscle the next day. When I used to do that with the old Ithaca, I was feeling every shot the next day.

Thanks so much you guys, for a) making me feel welcome and b) not making me feel stupid and c) answering my questions! I appreciate the input.

When I went to the hunter's supply the other day, we were mainly discussing 20 ga. so I didn't handle anything else really - may need to go back and put the Vinci and others you have mentioned to the "how does it feel to hold it" test - and yes, I imagine I'll need to shorten the length of pull from the standard as I have short little GIRL ARMS! ;)

And I sure as all heck don't want to be made fun of by all the GUYS at the range - I don't enjoy shooting my J-frame cuz it kicks like a rented mule, but am pretty dang good with the K-frame. About 10 rounds on that J and I'm done of it. I can shoot the K for a while before my arms get tired though, and I make a LOT better shots with it than I do the J. BUT for what it's for - the J is great.

Hattles, it's nice to hear your neighbor enjoys that gun. I'm starting to think I COULD shoot the 12....

You should be just fine....when you take a look at them keep in mind you can get replacement pads that will reduce trigger pull to as little as 13.5"...I'm pretty sure. Brownells, numrich, and midway are all great places to look for benelli parts. Numrich has the most factory stuff though.

Thank you again! I LOVE these forums - so many people NICE ENOUGH TO SHARE such great info!

Temptd2 buy that Vinci 12 gauge.........

I'm not sure of the prices you see locally, but check out gunbroker.com, they are a reputable websight and you can also save some bucks there. I have bought and sold without any problems. I also live in California and face a 9.5% sales tax.

Don't be self concious about being a beginner or a maybe a bad shot. We all started that way. That is why people practice, to get better.

I might add that my Vinci shoots the lighter 1oz Fiochi spreader loads without a problem.

Go get 'em girl!

Edited by hattles

You should be just fine....when you take a look at them keep in mind you can get replacement pads that will reduce trigger pull to as little as 13.5"...I'm pretty sure. Brownells, numrich, and midway are all great places to look for benelli parts. Numrich has the most factory stuff though.

GBM, I checked with Benelli and they don't yet make any additional pads specifically for the Vinci, but they told me to p/u the short 14" pad which will make the LOP under 14" on the Vinci which, due to the new pistol grip ergos is differant, slightly longer, from the other comfort tech stock design.

I'm not sure of the prices you see locally, but check out gunbroker.com, they are a reputable websight and you can also save some bucks there. I have bought and sold without any problems. I also live in California and face a 9.5% sales tax.

Don't be self concious about being a beginner or a maybe a bad shot. We all started that way. That is why people practice, to get better.

I might add that my Vinci shoots the lighter 1oz Fiochi spreader loads without a problem.

Go get 'em girl!

Thank you Hattles! I've done business with gunbroker.com and have already taken a peek at what they have for Vincis. Got my eye on a couple.

Yeah, being a beginner, doesn't much bother me - I figure I've got time to get good at it. All it takes is time and money, right!??!

9.5%? OUCH, and I thought our 8.75% was bad enough!

GBM, I checked with Benelli and they don't yet make any additional pads specifically for the Vinci, but they told me to p/u the short 14" pad which will make the LOP under 14" on the Vinci which, due to the new pistol grip ergos is differant, slightly longer, from the other comfort tech stock design.

Dang that sucks...Guess you shoulda bought a SBEII...lol jk. I wasnt referring specifically to the vinci. Just pointing out that thats the shortest I have seen. Good to know though that there not out yet for the vinci. Since stock LOP is 14 3/8 Its a good idea to know just how much shorter you can make it. Dont wanna go in there thinking you can bring it down farther than is possible. THen you just have a really expensive gun that doesnt fit well, and you probaby wont be happy with it at that point.

Dang that sucks...Guess you shoulda bought a SBEII...lol jk. I wasnt referring specifically to the vinci. Just pointing out that thats the shortest I have seen. Good to know though that there not out yet for the vinci. Since stock LOP is 14 3/8 Its a good idea to know just how much shorter you can make it. Dont wanna go in there thinking you can bring it down farther than is possible. THen you just have a really expensive gun that doesnt fit well, and you probaby wont be happy with it at that point.

I bought the 13.5" rh Benelli Factory Gel Pad for the SBEII which put me at about 13-7/8 which is what I prefer. That was the pad Benelli cs said I should buy.

Thank you Hattles! I've done business with gunbroker.com and have already taken a peek at what they have for Vincis. Got my eye on a couple.

Yeah, being a beginner, doesn't much bother me - I figure I've got time to get good at it. All it takes is time and money, right!??!

9.5%? OUCH, and I thought our 8.75% was bad enough!

If you pick one up and need a short gel pad, Brownells and Numrich do not have the right hand pads in stock at the 13.5 rh size(makes the LOP 13-7/8 on the Vinci) let me know as my local gunshop had them for around $95 + tax. I spent $122 at Brownells thinking I would never find anything local in Fresno. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, thanks to you all - I took possession of my new Vinci today! :D Now I can't wait to get out and try it out.

I thank you all for your advice and help! Will let you know how it goes. The LOP on it seems perfect for me right out of the box. We shall see!

I'm sure you're right - but I'm a GIRL and heck, guns can be scary! ;)

I'm not skeert of my S & W J frame though, well not much - that little sucker DOES kick like a rented mule.

Just shoot the damn thing! Stay away from the real hard kicking stuff and you will no doubt enjoy every minute with that vinci. I have shot all sorts of 12 ga loads and aside from a few magnum slugs and turkey loads, none of it kicks to bad. Start out with the light trap loads. If you have a few FTE, you just might have to suck it up and shoot a couple hundred high dram rounds through it to get that thing cycling like a champ. Just go shoot!

LOL!! OK then!

Now another question - since the included manual is somewhat lacking, can you steer me onto some good videos about the assembly/disassembly, cleaning, maintenance, or any other pertinent info on the Vinci? Thanks!