2010 Spring Gobbler Photos Thread

tucker301

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope nobody minds a post about 2010 turkey hunting photos!

Conditions were tough. Birds living in backyards - being fed - can't blame them - much safer than those dark scary woods.....

Went in with high hopes, came out very happy to get the one bird!

Mt. Shasta, CA

oregon015.jpg

Hmmm, where would I go if I was a turkey?

oregon034.jpg

Very thankful for this guy!

oregon020.jpg

Thats a nice bird mudhen! Thats why I have been hunting Eastern Oregon, far less competition with private property. Almost a week into the season and I havent even been out yet! Its killin me. Should be out for a day next week and if unsuccesful I will go out for a few days the week after. Hopefully I will have a bird to show off to you guys!

and YES senor Mudhen, nice pics!! im gonna try out the whole turkey blastin thing next season. ive been offered a seat on this yrs trip by some serious avid turkey hunters but had to pass due to work being too busy. next yr ill take some time off and give it my first try.:D maybe i too will get a chance to post a pic of a big M1014 i mean big turkey next season!!:p

Tucker301,

I'll try to post a pic of the call tomorrow. This is my best "Mudhen inspired" photo of that bird with the call. I bought the pot, the aluminum surface, and the slate sound board from Brookside for a total of about $12. Another $10 in finish and glue. I used a mandrel from a drum sanding bit in an electric drill to turn the call for sanding. I know this description sounds bad but it turned out great. I now have a lathe and hope to turn some great calls. img65142.jpg

If you've never tried this technique, you should give it a shot.

We see and hear turkeys all of the time when we're duck hunting, so it just makes sense to go back in the Spring in search of a gobbler or two.

We heard this old boy on the roost, but had a little bit of difficulty figuring out which side of the winding creek he was on.

Finally got it worked out.

Made the adjustment and setup for him.

He got hung up on the other side of a big drainage ditch and swampy bottom, but when I hit the sweet notes, he couldn't stand it any longer.

Enjoying some coffee and honey buns back at the boat.

break-time.jpg

No catch & release today!

P4230002.jpg

Edited by tucker301