2010 Spring Gobbler Photos Thread

tucker301

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Gobbler ISK and about the rabbit I don't condone poaching of any kind so I am staying out of this.

Tucker how many birds did you slam this spring?

I don't even think we have a rabbit season here in Florida I think we can hammer year round but I do know this time of year they do raise lil ones too.

I don't even think we have a rabbit season here in Florida I think we can hammer year round but I do know this time of year they do raise lil ones too.

Here in Texas we dont want them raising little ones, they are a major nuissence and in MAJOR abundance.

Texas categorizes rabbits as non-game species without distinction between sub-species.

Florida rabbits can be taken year round, but bag limits apply.

In VA, rabbits are classified as game species and there is a season on them in Fall-Winter.

I believe this is the first time I've heard of anyone referring to running over a rabbit as "popping" one. :rolleyes:

lol... exactly what it sounded like! POP! lol its a rabbit.. i think youll get over it. i think i liked you better when i was on your ignore list lol

ohh and FLHAWG.. when is hog season! i havent seen any hogs posted on here since ive been a member..

Edited by ishootkittens

ohh and FLHAWG.. when is hog season! i havent seen any hogs posted on here since ive been a member..

It runs year round on private lands and all I have is piblic lands to hunt on. With work and turkey huntin this spring I didn't get a chance to get out and catch any. I'll try to catch a few this summer if I get a chance next season for my is Gator in a couple months.

I saw this bird on the roost once it started getting light and I felt like he saw me. He stayed in the tree for almost an hour after it got light but flew down in my direction. 16.5 lbs. - he must have been a smoker - his growth appears to be stunted :D. 10 1/8" beard and 3/4" spurs. This will probably do it for me this season. Great photos everyone.

Thanks,

Chris

img6565h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I can't post a photo or a link yet because I am new to Benelli forms (listed the URL below). But I purchased my first shotgun this year a Benelli SuperNova APG 26" and got my turkey on the third day out. Here in MN it has been some interesting weather but the gun performed great. Being a new hunter I am very pleased with not only the gun but the advise and info all of you share on this form.

vdritterburg.com/photos/page.html

Thanks,

Steve

Thank you Tucker for the comment and Thank you for attaching the imagine to the boards.

No problem. Welcome aboard.

There's always room for another respectful and scrupulous young hunter on these forums.

A couple of more posts and you can post your own pics. ;)

fikester, ignore that method.

You can upload an image to a free account at http://www.photobucket.com and they will provide the necessary code to paste to your post here.

If you don't want to be bothered with a photobucket account, you can use another service at http://www.imgur.com and upload an image without creating an account.

When the image is uploaded, they will also provide the necessary code for forum use.

The simplest code to use in either case it use the one that gives you the IMG tags at the beginning and end of the code.

You'll see what I mean when you upload a photo.