supernova 5 rounds in factory tube

barkers

I just got my supernova a couple weeks ago and have been trying to find a factory +2 mag extension. By random chance I tried to put three "3 1/2 turkey rounds in and one "2 3/4 Hornady TAP 00Buck. It fit. I compared the length to a regular Federal "2 3/4 target load to the Hornady and the Hornady was considerably shorter (i.e. couple of millimeters.) Long story short, I fit five in the tube and one in the hole. I'm using this gun only for home defense and occasional target practice and that one extra buck shell makes me feel cozy so I'm not gonna try to find the elusive and expensive factory mag extension. Hope this solved anyones delema like it did mine.

P.S. Im going to go find more just to see if I got a fluke batch so I can do a bunch of test fires and have a little surpluss for myself but if anyone finds different let me know.

Item#86278Lot#3090656

3.5" rounds for home defense? Should one assume that you don't want (or care) to get quickly back on target for a follow-up shot? They put turkey on those boxes for a reason....unless you are defending yourself against turkey invaders, I would opt for standard 2 3/4" (some even prefer reduced velocity) buckshot for your HD task.

That being said, get a Nordic Components mag tube extension. I don't think you an do better for a +2 mag extension.

mag-4.jpg

I think you misunderstood. I'm not trying to use the 3.5s for home defense. I just got a box of em cause I haven't shot one before. After I put three in the tube I was just curious if a 2.75 would fit afterward. Anyhow, these high velocities don't really kick alot harder than low recoils (or not that I notice). For home defense you wouldn't need high capacity anyway unless a gang broke into your house. I'm pretty sure five buck shots will do the trick but I'm just stoked I can fit six now. ;)

p.s. The turkey loads kick like a m/f for anyone who hasen't shot one. Kicks tons harder than my .300 weatherby mag. They're hella fun to shoot but too spendy to just go out and blow a bunch of rounds.

• 7 months later...

Bought nova tactical found same problem could only get three 3.5 rounds in mag went to lowes bought one 1inch pvc coupling,a one by three quarter bushing,three quarter cap,three quarter pipe out of this you will need 1.5 inch nipple put together with household cement after putting together cut off .5 inch off coupling .Cut off forearm end cap made of hard plastic grind out flat edge being careful not to damage threads.Put coupling end over end cap you will have to grind or notch where barrell and cap meet for clearance drill and tap for set screws stock spring works fine.I put $3.00 and two hours in it.The only thing I would paint pvc flat black before putting together will post photo later.

Guest Hogrider09

stu offroad site is nice. Good job. Im originally from AZ as a kid, family membners there. We have property in Kingman and outside of Holbrook. Cant wait to get back.

• 2 weeks later...
I

p.s. The turkey loads kick like a m/f for anyone who hasen't shot one. Kicks tons harder than my .300 weatherby mag. They're hella fun to shoot but too spendy to just go out and blow a bunch of rounds.

you think those kick and are pricey try out the 3.5 inch oo buck! at 2 bucks a piece and they kick!

Edited by SETXPIGH8R