decided to go hevi

ishootkittens

welp, ive decided to dish out the cash to go hevi... I dont know whether i will try the fed hw's or the hevi-13's but either way i gotta get a new choke tube for the supernova.. any suggestions? I dont know much about hevi-weight loads or how they pattern but i could use some advice on what choke tube i should purchase.. i keep seeing these patterns with 400+ in a 10-20 inch cirlce.. I WANT THAT! haha can anyone give me some info?

thanks all!

rhino makes a .675 for hevi-lead shot

primos jellyhead .660 i think

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0031739227357a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=18&Ntk=Products&QueryText=choke&sort=all&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23

i bet when i get my bps 10 i could load 500 #8's lol that be epic. i can ask on oldgobbler what they recommend for a 400+ choke

well to me there is no such thing as TOOOOOOOOOO TIGHT! i have a 2-7X32 scope on my nelli.. so i can zoom in on their wrinkles if i have too! lol.. but seriously.. i already have a primos 660 but it never patterns anything worth a **** so i may look at the rhino's.. you wouldnt happen to have a link, would ya?

well to me there is no such thing as TOOOOOOOOOO TIGHT! i have a 2-7X32 scope on my nelli.. so i can zoom in on their wrinkles if i have too! lol.. but seriously.. i already have a primos 660 but it never patterns anything worth a **** so i may look at the rhino's.. you wouldnt happen to have a link, would ya?

Here's Rhino's site http://www.rhinochokes.com/ I shoot one in a .660 and get great patterns with the Nitros. Getting 400's is not really realistic unless your shooting handloads with TSS in 8's or 9's. I hear that Pure Gold chokes are pretty dang good but never needed to get a new choke since mine shoots as good as I ever will need. Best of luck getting the desired pattern that you want.

grrrrrr i hate when my responses are erased because of a curse word!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRR

Anyway.. forget.. not the other word.. FORGET that! i aint paying 100 dollars for a choke tube i will only use for turkey season and good patterns are key but i have great patterns i want perfect patterns.. but not worth $$100! there is no guarantee that it will produce tight patterns in my gun.. ill just get a carlsons or something!

you can buy a wilson like i did

http://wilsonprecision.com/benelli.html

i usa it on sparrows 40-60 yards with target loads of #8 1 1/8 oz

also good on squirrels.was going to pattern it today @ 70 yards but i had other stuff to do.I plan on buying me a rhino .i dont shoot just once a year .i buy ammo every now and then and i let loose lol. here latley though i get where i like shooting paper more.unless its A goose,turkey, or somthing else

heard that! i just found some 8 shot in a toy box from when i was a kid.. it lasted about 3 minutes before i loaded it and shot it at a trashcan outside! lol lol.. but i think im either going to save up for an indian creek tube..a tightwad from primos.. or a carlsons... but im gunna give it a shot through my jelly head first.. i would just stick to my undertaker but i cant shoot anything but lead through it..:( piece of ****.

I have a Benelli SuperNova and put a Comp-N-Choke XXX full on it and I don't care to look any further. All I can say is be sure to have better optics than a bead on your gun. I use a Nikon 2x7 scope. The gun drops turkeys like they are rag dolls. Prior to my Comp'N'Choke, I use to shoot them and they would flap their wings continusouly for a minute or two. Now when I shoot, there is either no flapping at all or for for maybe two flaps and they are done.

I just bagged my first turkey this morning with my NOVA, 3.5" 2 1/4oz HEVI-13 #4's. It patterned very well with the TRUGLO Gobble-Stopper, .665". Paid $25 at Bass Pro and it came with TRUGLO optic front and rear sight. I stuck with factory sights today. I would not hesitate to buy that TRUGLO again. But like most forums, you ask 10 people the same question, you'll get 10 different answers.

It's gotta be tight to be good!