Spring length?

CCWinDC?

This question is regarding an 18inch length M2 tactical. How long should the spring be for those who have a full length tube. I assume this can be applicable to the m4 as well. I think my spring is too long and I need to cut it, so what its the proper size? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Benelli M4 Magazine Spring (Standard): P/N 70053 (~28.5")

Benelli M4 Magazine Spring (Full Length): P/N 70052 (~35.0")

Wolff Spring for an M4 is 40"

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14274

The m2 full length tube is 9inches. How long is the full lenght tube on a m4? This is my rational. The stock m2 tube is 4 inches with a 19inch spring. The variance is 15 inches I am wondering if the full length tube is 9inches plus 15 inches(variance) would the appropriate spring length sit at 24 inches. What do you guys think. This number however falls short based on TK's comments. I will measure the spring tonight. I hope its at least 35 inches.

The OEM spring furnished with the factory Benelli 9 3/4" OAL M1/M2/SBE magazine extension measures 28.75" and has worked fine on my SBE. Take into consideration that this spring length may represents "set" length as it has been very lightly used for shooting in Mexico. But it has never been stored fully-loaded so spring set will be minimal. The spring wire itself is 0.042" in diameter.

HTH

Edited by leid

The OEM spring furnished with the factory Benelli 9 3/4" OAL M1/M2/SBE magazine extension measures 28.75" and has worked fine on my SBE. Take into consideration that this spring length may represents "set" length as it has been very lightly used for shooting in Mexico. But it has never been stored fully-loaded so spring set will be minimal. The spring wire itself is 0.042" in diameter.

HTH

What size shell and how many?

IIRC, my SBE will hold 8 + 1 (9 total) 2 3/4" shells with the extension installed. This factory Benelli extension is referred to as the "+4 extension". Benelli supplied it with a 13" aluminum limiter which looks very much like the one used in the Benelli M4s with the full length magazine tubes sold outside the U.S. When installed in the SBE with the +4 extension, the limiter brings the total capacity of 2 3/4 thru 3 1/2 shells down to the U.S maximum of 3 for hunting migratory waterfowl.

IIRC, my SBE will hold 8 + 1 (9 total) 2 3/4" shells with the extension installed. This factory Benelli extension is referred to as the "+4 extension". Benelli supplied it with a 13" aluminum limiter which looks very much like the one used in the Benelli M4s with the full length magazine tubes sold outside the U.S. When installed in the SBE with the +4 extension, the limiter brings the total capacity of 2 3/4 thru 3 1/2 shells down to the U.S maximum of 3 for hunting migratory waterfowl.

I cut the spring down to 23. I could put 6 +1 with 3" shells