Vinci 3rd shell

malakaz

Ive had no problems with the Vinci besides the fact that on the third shell for some reason it gets stuck while its bringing it into the chamber. Only on the third shell though. it gets stuck while its trying to bring it up into the chamber.. pretty weird

Does it do it every time or is the problem intermittent?

What kind of loads are you shooting?

Has the gun been broken in with heavy loads?

Have you tried loading two, and seeing if it still hangs on the last round?

In all likelihood, especially if this is your first Benelli, the problem is a combination of poor mounting and light loads.

poor mounting? whats mounting the gun have to do with it firing?

anywho... its not my first Benelli. Ive owned a Supersport for i guess 4 years now. I have not used heavy loads yet. i cant see dishing out the money to shoot 100 heavy loads. Ive shot about 350 light target loads out of it and yes it only does it on the third shell never the second. Not sure if it does it all the time or every so often. i took it out to a sporting clays course twice.. your only allowed 2 shells at a time but i believe the 3 times i did put 3 shells in 2 of the 3 the third shell got stuck.

i cant see dishing out the money to shoot 100 heavy loads. Ive shot about 350 light target loads out of it and yes it only does it on the third shell never the second.

If you are going to ignore the manufacturer's recommendations, I'm not sure there's much that that they or I can do to help you.

Best of luck to you.

Could have something to do with the magazine spring pressure being at a minimum with a single round in the tube. But I suspect it's more of an issue of the gun not being in optimal operating form by the time the second round is fired and the third is released from the magazine.

Benelli doesn't instruct owners to break in a new gun to help ammo makers sell higher priced stuff and to inflict injury to shoulders.

There is a valid reason for the break-in.

There is an equally valid reason for the minimum load specification.

The gun must have enough recoil energy to cycle the action.

When the first round is fired, there is no movement of recoil recovery and the gun is firmly shouldered.

However, after the first round is away, this stability is degraded. When the second round is let go, the gun may not be as well seated on the shoulder, or there is forward movement as the shooter recovers his balance and form to get back on target.

When you're operating right on the edge of failure with the light loads, it would take very little to start making things go wrong. The slightest recovery movement or the most undetectable variance in shoulder pressure could easily rob the system of the precious energy it needs to get the job done.