My third Benelli, M2 question

thewolf_00

Hello I am pretty new to this sight. I just purchased my third Benelli. I must say I am a bit disappointed my new M2 is not drilled and taped for a scope. Both of my Supernova's came ready for a scope. I wanted to get a M2 for turkey and now I still have to pay a gunsmith to drill and tap it. It just does not seem right to spend over a thousand dollars for a gun you still have to have a gunsmith work on. Is it normal for the M2 to not be drilled and taped for a scope?

Hello I am pretty new to this sight. I just purchased my third Benelli. I must say I am a bit disappointed my new M2 is not drilled and taped for a scope. Both of my Supernova's came ready for a scope. I wanted to get a M2 for turkey and now I still have to pay a gunsmith to drill and tap it. It just does not seem right to spend over a thousand dollars for a gun you still have to have a gunsmith work on. Is it normal for the M2 to not be drilled and taped for a scope?

Sort of an odd subject. The website specifications only show 'drilled & tapped' for a few models; Steady Grip, Tactical, etc.

But you say all of your SN's came drilled & tapped, and my SBE II in Max4 came drilled and tapped, so I don't know what to think?

I'd say no, based on the current specifications, your M2 should not have come drilled and tapped.

But there is something strange going on. Maybe Benelli did drill some guns before, and now have stopped?

I do know that I have read some complaints from folks that do not like their gun being drilled for them. They don't like holes in their guns unless they wanted them there in the first place.

I'm going to guess that Benelli did drill in the past, but stopped for some models for some reason, probably related to the cost...

Thanks everyone for your input. I have a supernova slug gun that was drilled and taped. The other supernova I am not sure what it is. It has the pistol grip but also can shoot the 3 1/2 shells and has a 26 inch barrel. I bought it for Turkey but never had a semi-auto before then I found the M2 on sale at Gander and could not resist. Its a very nice gun. It just seems most shotguns seem to be drilled and taped anymore, at least the ones I've looked at.

It just seems most shotguns seem to be drilled and taped anymore, at least the ones I've looked at.

Yes, just the ones you are looking at. Other than some slug guns and some turkey guns, which logically might require a base at some time, I think virtually no regular shotguns come drilled and tapped as a standard feature.

Water can get in the holes and cause rusting, the plugs and/or cover screws are not really appealing visually, etc.

The SN's you mention are supposed to come drilled & tapped....

so far I've only hunted deer and turkey so that has been what king of guns I've looked at makes sense now. I would like to hunt other things sometime that is why I've been looking at Benelli's Semi-auto's. I wanted a Vinci but then I seen the M2 on sale for 850.00 and couldn't pass it up for that.