MR1 Rifle Convert - First impressions . . .

reblyell

Hey, No Rights! I haven't been on in a while, but it's nice to come back to some good news! Glad to hear you're keeping your MR1, and that you finally got some satisfaction out of Benelli. Thanks for fighting the 'good' fight, and paving the way for others who can benefit from your ordeal. I, for one, will surely be contacting them soon now that I have your input. So tell me, what kind of groups did you get out her with the new sight? Did Benelli do anything (new barrel, bolt, etc.) to your rifle while they had it? Best of luck with her! Best!

• 1 month later...

Hi I am new to this group. I just purchased a MR1, the gun looks great and shoots fast but I have one big complaint. I noticed that the ejected shells about 50% of the time are ejected back not to the side. I have noticed some damage on my receiver from the casings hitting it. At first I noticed 3 and thought that I did not notice them when I purchased the gun but after shooting 2 boxes of shells the number of marks have increased. These marks do not come off and I fear they are permanent. I am afraid to think what the gun will look like after 20 boxes of shells. I have noticed these marks on a youtube video. Are you guys haveing this same issue. Also with the shells going back the guys at the local gun range are not going to like me.

Hi I am new to this group. I just purchased a MR1, the gun looks great and shoots fast but I have one big complaint. I noticed that the ejected shells about 50% of the time are ejected back not to the side. I have noticed some damage on my receiver from the casings hitting it. At first I noticed 3 and thought that I did not notice them when I purchased the gun but after shooting 2 boxes of shells the number of marks have increased. These marks do not come off and I fear they are permanent. I am afraid to think what the gun will look like after 20 boxes of shells. I have noticed these marks on a youtube video. Are you guys haveing this same issue. Also with the shells going back the guys at the local gun range are not going to like me.

Some tactical guns have deflectors and some don't, the Sig556 the MR1 doesn't and case marks are the norm. I would like to add though that dabbing them with Hoppes No9 and letting it sit for a few minutes will allow most to wipe right off.

Edited by cody6.0

I was reading abouty these "O" rings. How long do they last. I just bought this gun and expect it to last many years without service. My M14 is 20 years old and I have had to do nothing to it.

Once you learn to assemble the gun properly the o-ring will last for quite some time. Most people misalign the guide rod in the expansion chamber and cut them thus use/wear is not the problem.

A gun is a tool, not a museum piece. If you're worried about a few blemishes, I would just stop shooting it altogether as you certainly won't be able to do any real training with it. A Sharpie or Super Black pen will work wonders if it bothers you that much.

Edited by AggiePhil

Thanks for the help but I already tried Hoppes N0.9 with no results. Could it be the phos finish on the parts is not very durable.

The upper is anodized and not coated. Doing what I mentioned got all the marks on all three of my MR1's to a point where you could barely see them or gone completely.

A gun is a tool, not a museum piece. If you're worried about a few blemishes, I would just stop shooting it altogether as you certainly won't be able to do any real training with it. A Sharpie or some Perma Black will work wonders if it bothers you that much.

Although I agree to some extent I too tend to care about things like this.

I bought an MR1 about 3 months ago and it came with both apertures. Guess I'm luck but not sure on that. The rifle works great for me as I have put about 2K rounds though it so far with no problems and that is with all reloads. I don't do bench shooting except to sight it in so cannot say exactly what it does for groups, but during sight in it was definitely shooting 2" or better. I have take a couple of coyotes with it using iron sights at 100 yards give or take a few yards, and a couple more at 150 + yards with a low power scope. I may be lucky but with the rebate from Benelli I was able to buy the weapon for under a grand and felt that was good enough.

I have AR15's and although I have used the M16 in combat I have never liked that weapons platform. It just never seem that good to me although my wife loves them. I don't find that they shoot any better than the MR1 and they do require more cleaning.

I'm just glad to have the gun and use it all the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...