Accidentally shot 3 1/2 in

bb123

Accidentally shot 3 1/2 in shell in my M2 this afternoon. Didn't look like it caused any damage to the gun but should I be concerned? Op error for grabbing the wrong shell but am a little worried something could be damaged. Should I get it checked out by a gunsmith? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

bb123

Thanks everyone. Other than being a little embarrassed for making that kind of a mistake, makes me feel a little more at ease.

I had some 3 1/2s in the bag that I used to shoot in my SBE and Nova, just got sidetracked while shooting the M2 and didn't think clearly. The shells were old and I just wanted to dump them as I don't shoot 3 1/2s anymore (that was actually the only box I have ever purchased a few years back). Finished the rest of the box with the Nova.:D

Again, appreciate the quick responses.

bb123

I don't think there is any problem in terms of the chamber pressure. According to Benelli, all of their 12 Ga. shotguns are proof tested to 1370 bar which is 19,870 PSI.

The maximum Saami pressure for a 3.5" magnum is 14,000 PSI.