First Shot through my Nova

Milli Benelli

I bought a brand new NOVA (24", APG Camo) for the turkey season this year and I had no time to pattern it or shoot it prior to the season. I was reluctant to shoot it at the sites I was planning on hunting and whenever my hockey teammates were working days I was on nights and couldn't get to the gun club. I purchased a TRUGLO Gobble Stopper choke for it, some HEVI-13 3 1/2" #4s, factory sights and reluctantly went out on opening day. Within 25mins of legal-shooting time I had called in two hens and two jakes and my first ever turkey was down. Perfect head-shot at 23yds. Noticed absolutely no punishing recoil from the 3 1/2" shells I read so much about and could not have had a better shot.

I am so happy with this Nova. It's been about 15yrs since I shot last but my god this was a great feeling.

I bought a brand new NOVA (24", APG Camo) for the turkey season this year and I had no time to pattern it or shoot it prior to the season. I was reluctant to shoot it at the sites I was planning on hunting and whenever my hockey teammates were working days I was on nights and couldn't get to the gun club. I purchased a TRUGLO Gobble Stopper choke for it, some HEVI-13 3 1/2" #4s, factory sights and reluctantly went out on opening day. Within 25mins of legal-shooting time I had called in two hens and two jakes and my first ever turkey was down. Perfect head-shot at 23yds. Noticed absolutely no punishing recoil from the 3 1/2" shells I read so much about and could not have had a better shot.

I am so happy with this Nova. It's been about 15yrs since I shot last but my god this was a great feeling.

Nice. Isn't satisfaction such a great feeling?

In other news, as soon as you said "hockey buddies" I knew you were Canadian, and glanced up at your location and sure enough, Ontario.

Happy shooting.

Congrats on your bird and your nova.