benelli's good customer service

ih4ever

It must be missing because I haven't seen it at all!!

Recently I had my SBE2 sent back for what I believed was a manufactured defect in my camo paint finish.

I sent it in and got a generic letter saying they received my gun and will contact me if its not under warrenty... Well a few weeks later and after 3 phone calls (which were never returned) my gun was shipped back to me and nothing was done to it!

I called some higher up about my guns problems and he agreed to look at it himself, n to have it shipped back. I then finally got a call from customer service! Tellin me my new RA#. Only because he had them call me. I've since called the higher up and CS, 3 other times. Once a week for the past 3 weeks and have yet to get a call back from anybody!!!

I'm hoping some one from Benelli's CS department will read this and finally call me back with some information on what is being done with my gun!!!

I guess when you buy a $1,500 gun you don't get $1,500 service... Or a paint job that lasts for more then one duck season...

Edited by ih4ever

That's stupid! You paid a LOT of money for that gun and the least they can do is just repaint it and send it back to you and call it done. The same thing happened to me with my mountain bike. I paid $1400 for the frame alone and it had a noticeably crooked decal on it which was under the clearcoat, it was bugging the helll outta me so I sent it back and told them to redo it. They refused saying, "it wasn't that noticeable". The point is IT WAS NOTICEABLE and I paid a LOT for that brand new frame! I called them and bitched up a storm and they finally agreed to pay for half of the stripping and repainting of the frame. Whatever happened to the customer is always right??? And why can't companies stand behind the quality of their products??

I'm hoping some one from Benelli's CS department will read this and finally call me back with some information on what is being done with my gun!!!

Don't get your hopes up.

This is not the way to contact customer service, and it's clearly stated on the these forums.

The forums are hosted compliments of Benelli USA to post questions and comments.

THE FORUMS ARE NOT A CONDUIT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA PHONE OR EMAIL (301-283-6981). DO NOT POST CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS IN THE FORUMS.

Well thanks tucker!! I read that too, but I figured since they are obvisously not answering their phones and doing their jobs and returning customers concerning phone calls. I figure they might just be staring at their computer screens and just might see this...

I've also since this post have emailed their CS team my concerns. So well see what becomes of this... My luck I won't hear anything...

My camo paint finish didn't last one duck hunting season. While my 10yr old Nova looks newer then my year old SBEII. The finish would wrinkle and show small air pockets under the finish... If you search my posts you can find my post about camo finish and see the pictures I've posted earlier.

The big air pockets now look like watered down camo where they used to be. The gunsmith did some type of test with the finish and it showed no signs of peeling. And said all paint wear was "normal wear n tear"

I'm sorry a shotgun used for ONE season should NOT look like mine does! It should not look older and show more wear then my 10yr old Nova!

Like I stated earlier, search my old posts and look for a title that has camo finish or similar title and read the thread.

Thanks

I don't know what to tell you, other than that there have been many other people who have complained of the same issue.

The factory camo finishes appear to just not be that durable, hate to say it ... I don't know what CS would tell you, if it's not a defective gun and all the finishes are that prone to wear, then I don't think you're "entitled" to anything.

Caveat Emptor and all that.

Best of luck.

You should take the gun back to where you bought it, let them check it out and tell them you situation. They should call the area rep and explain the situation to him/her and seek their help. A buddy of mine just went through a CS problem with his M2. He tried to handle it himself and got nowhere with them. Eventually the local rep intervened and everything was good 4 months later.

You sould take the gun back to where you bought it, let them check it out and tell them you situation. They should call the area rep and explain the situation to him/her and seek their help. A buddy of mine just went through a CS problem with his M2. He tried to handle it himself and got nowhere with them. Eventually the local rep intervened and everything was good 4 months later.

...and if all factory finishes are this fragile, as the number of the threads complaining on this issue suggests ... he will be out of a gun for a few months, only to (best case scenario) receive a new finish on his gun that will likely wear just as fast and look just as bad after another season.

I don't think you're going to find an answer that will make you happy going the OEM route.

I personally don't understand why you'd care that much about the finish on camo hard use shotgun ... but then again, to each their own.

If it really bothers you, I'd suggest sending it to a place that does aftermarket, much more durable finishes ... for the right price, they can make your gun look like whatever you want and it will be way more durable than the factory finish.

It must be missing because I haven't seen it at all!!

Recently I had my SBE2 sent back for what I believed was a manufactured defect in my camo paint finish.

I sent it in and got a generic letter saying they received my gun and will contact me if its not under warrenty... Well a few weeks later and after 3 phone calls (which were never returned) my gun was shipped back to me and nothing was done to it!

I called some higher up about my guns problems and he agreed to look at it himself, n to have it shipped back. I then finally got a call from customer service! Tellin me my new RA#. Only because he had them call me. I've since called the higher up and CS, 3 other times. Once a week for the past 3 weeks and have yet to get a call back from anybody!!!

I guess when you buy a $1,500 gun you don't get $1,500 service... Or a paint job that lasts for more then one duck season...

Like I said in the first post, I thought you might have had a 50/50 chance with Benelli CS. I think the film damage is normal wear and tear, and that you may have damaged it yourself, albeit probably not intentionally.

I ruined a brand new Luminox watch with DEET, and messed up a brand new SBE II pretty bad with DEET.

I had total failure of Dura Touch and camo film on a Browning Silver, and they told me to pound sand. That was a $1200 gun.

I guess the only option is to keep bugging CS or just live with it....

I agree your best bet would be to get an aftermarket camo if you really want it that badly. I guess i'll never understand the appeal of camo though... i'm more of a classic wood or synthetic look kind of person. but that's just me, everyone's different after all.

Don't tell him I said so, but I agree with mudhen.

The damage has likely occurred from some incidental or accidental exposure to harmful chemicals.

DEET or some other solvent is most likely to blame.

A lot of people think these finishes are painted on, and are therefor resilient and durable. They are not.

They are a very thin film of synthetic material.

It can easily chip and scratch, and it can easily be affected by solvents and chemicals.

Overzealous owners can do more harm than good when trying to clean their camoed weapons. For true durability, go with something like Birdsong or Duracoat.

Yea mudhen u did...but I NEVER used deet on me or around this gun!

I understand that this is a working gun, and I use it and treat it like wise... But I also used my Nova the same way!

For those who mentioned I should return the gun to the retailer that I bought it from... I'm one step ahead of you! As soon as I get my gun back from Benelli, and they havnt done anything with it again, I'm driving out to Reno and returning it to Cabela's and telling them I'm not 100% satisfied with my purchase! Ill get them to deal with Benelli and ill get a new gun from Cabela's!

Yea mudhen u did...but I NEVER used deet on me or around this gun!

I understand that this is a working gun, and I use it and treat it like wise... But I also used my Nova the same way!

Never said you used DEET. If you did, there would probably be much more film missing.

Maybe film just sticks/wears better on a Nova? I will say that I've seen some 10 year old camo Novas that look great. Can't say the same for any 10 year year old camo SBE's I've seen.

Good luck!

Well I guess if you complain enough you get stuff done...

I emailed Benelli's CS and they finally got back to me today... I gave them my serial number and they informed me that they were infact re camoing my SBE's stock! Woohoo!! So Ill have my gun back in a few weeks!

My experience with Benelli CS has been very good. I have an ultralight that had a stock issue. They sent me a complete set of wood to make sure it matched. That being said, I will never by a camo benelli. The finish just plain sucks. I have a Mossberg 835 with thousands through it and the finish looks much better than any camo SBE II with 100 rounds through.

Well I guess if you complain enough you get stuff done...

I emailed Benelli's CS and they finally got back to me today... I gave them my serial number and they informed me that they were infact re camoing my SBE's stock! Woohoo!! So Ill have my gun back in a few weeks!

Fantastic and congrats. You spend $1200 on a gun, working gun or not, there shouldn't be any flaws. To accept otherwise encourages mediocrity.

Let me tell you something about Benelli USA Customer Service.

This is what they do every day.

It is still questionable to me as to who is ultimately responsible for the damage/defect on this gun, but Benelli realized that a tie goes to the customer.

I have dealt with them on numerous occasions. In fact, at this very moment someone there is doing something for me that most companies would shrug off as not in their SOP manual and brush me off with no further consideration.

Great products are half the battle. GREAT people make the difference.