carriercomp Muzzle Brakes and 8th Round Extender

Guest cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

There has been "grumbling" surrounding the delayed release of carriercomp's muzzle brakes and 8th round extenders, which have been with-held in spite of their obvious existence and disbursememnt to DOD entities. The following account/scenario should clear the air;

Imagine buying one or both, only to find the same manufacturer was making preparations to release products under simultaneous development that would render them (muzzle brake and 8th round extender) obsolete. That would be "fair" practice in principle, but I have had that happen to me, which left me feeling as though I financed a "ladder-rung-purchase", scrambling to sell that 1st investment in order to aquire the revised concept. Carriercomp refuses to knowingly sell a component that may be trumped by their own mill, at the expense of loyal consumers. Once the latter concepts are finalized, all variants of the muzzle brake & 8th round extender concept will be simultaneously released so that 'would-be-consumers' may defer to an informed purchase/selection.

This approach diminishes our unit sales, by allowing consumers to avoid un-necessarily buying twice where applicable. Few things sting worse than having a salesman pitch the latest and greatest, when he knows something better is behind "door#2"... just out of view.

The nature of the "revised" concepts are under wraps until release. The revisions held up release of the "dated" design already in existence as a courtesy to the revered consumer.

Thanks everyone who held to the notion the delays were not in vain... they were not.

Edited by cleefurd
Grammar

You've established yourself once again as an ethically sound businessman who is wise enough to look beyond short term profits and focus on long term reputation and growth.

I am also pleased to see that you are taking my advice with regard to product launches.

Best of luck with production Kip, I'm confident that whatever you bring to the market will be worth the wait.

Edited by Duggan

Guest cleefurd

Thanks Duggan. The "under wraps" version has been very rewarding. Yes your advice is well received. Had I known the 1st versions would be out-done, I would not have divulged them, since the resulting delays beg explaination, which in turn generates new expectations. Vicious cycle. Hind-sight=20/20.

Guest cleefurd

The existing pair and newer concept(s) differ sufficiently that individual preferences come into play, which is why we are waiting to release or disclose them until completed. The Picatinny rails and bolt knobs are on the front burner now, then the muzzle devices will be released.

Edited by cleefurd

Think of it as an extended magazine cap that adds one additional round. My guess is the spring retainer is abandoned. The spring is probably held captive by just the magazine cap. I wonder if a longer spring will be required? The comp just screws into the choke threads.

Some may want the extended magazine cap to act as a stand off for door breaching.

So much speculation. So how about one more? Almost certainly not the case, but one can dream ...

Imagine, if you will, a true "combination muzzle device and 8th round extender". Not two independent pieces, but peices that are sold as a unit with integral coupler for added rigidity. Detents in the coupler would also prevent unwanted rotation; so no worries about the muzzle device coming lose and rotating (or flying off) after indexing. Coupler also gets picatinny rails at 3, 6, 9 ... For all you accessorizors! Cleaner lines, more solid mouting, better function. All in one. Price? eight bajillion dollars! Mwa-ha-ha.

ETA ... Oh, and it's made of an adamantium and unobtainum hybrid. So there. 'Nuff said. No need to speculate further.

Edited by LeoAtrox