Stock Torque M4

kmc0929

The regular PG stock, does everyones move a little if twisted? I am wondering if I need to twist in around one more time. It doesn't even seem possible. Any insight?

Also how can I determine if my shotgun is the older 4 port version or the newer version? can I determine age from the serial?

Edited by kmc0929

The regular PG stock, does everyones move a little if twisted? I am wondering if I need to twist in around one more time. It doesn't even seem possible. Any insight?

Leave it be, the trigger group will keep it from coming loose or getting to out of line. Tighten it too much and the trigger-group is hard to get in.

Leave it be, the trigger group will keep it from coming loose or getting to out of line. Tighten it too much and the trigger-group is hard to get in.

This. Plus you can damage your threads.

When it seems like it won't make it another 360 degrees, it won't. Don't force it.

Yea, you can determine age ... not by the serial, but by the markings on the barrel. Look for your marking ...

ManufactureDates-1.jpg

Model 11707 has the new 2 port barrel design ... should also say on your box.

Chances are, if it's an m4 that was made in the last 4 years, it's a 11707.

Edited by Duggan

I think it depends on just how loose your stock is. If it takes some effort to get it to move a tiny bit then it's fine where it is. My stock will tighten pretty good when it's almost in place, that last 20 degrees or so may take some effort but not a ridiculous amount. After that it will still shift a little if I try, like when I'm trying to align it to the receiver after assembling the gun.

Mine was a little loose when I bought my M4 and I couldn't stand it and he notch in the stock is way to big for the post on the trigger group and will not hold it straight. So I ran that SOB home and it doesn't move one bit whether I am shhoting slugs, buckshot or beating people with it.

I am very picky and the slightest deffect makes a gun undesireable to me so deciding to tighten it further was a hard decision. Both of the stocks I had on my M4 would fully hand tighten 180* of where I wanted it basically they tightened even with the sights and not the trigger group. So with the reciever between my knees I turned it the extra to line up. I would call it beyond snug but the trigger group goes in without a hitch.

It no longer moves not even a mm no matter what, now this has got me thinking I made it to tight damn OCD.................

Edited by cody6.0

I added a dot of blue Loc-tite on mine and let it sit for a few days to get as solid as possible. Now it has zero wobble and I didn't potentially overtighten the stock.

But at the same time the amount that you would need to overtighten to do damage is quite extreme. The M4 uses spring washers between the plate and bolt head so you aren't putting all the leverage on the threads unless you are going a full turn past tight.