Vinci accessories-response from Benelli

flitemedic13

For all the Vinci owners that might have been wondering like me if things fit and if there are accessories available....I finally got an answer from Benelli CS on a few questions on my new Vinci i recieved the other day--glad its finally here BUT....

I had ordered a Benelli raised comb from Brownelle's ($122 for a piece of rubber) and they said it would fit any Comfort Stock gun from Benelli beacuse thats what it said on box (which it does say that). On their website though it does state SBEII, M2, etc, so i was kind of expecting what I got and low and behold it didnt fit, sent it back. Emailed Benelli to find out which part number will fit a Vinci and where i could get one (Part number I had that doesnt fit is 81044P-so dont order it vinci owners)... the response was:

it does not fit..to date we have not gotten any replacement/accessory combs for the Vinci..and will not have any for some time...they are different from the SBE2/M2 series

I also emailed about a Steady Grip stock for the Vinci since now they offer it on an APG gun but apparently you cant order it as a separate accessory or in black/max4, and same with the regular stock.

Response was :

"We have no timeline for that....as of right now it is not being offered"

So as far as Steady Grips go - only on APG model, but then you cant order a normal APG stock because there arent any replacement parts out there as of yet unless you find one used--which would be doubtful. If you have Max4 (like me) or black your screwed and on their timeline on actually getting stuff to the consumer.

As far as raised combs go..the part number above doesnt fit the "Vinci's" comfort tech stock because its different, despite the name. I am about to find out if a limbsaver for an SBEII will work soon, maybe someone on here has already checked that one out?

I also wanted a slug barrel...but didnt even go there with CS since im pretty sure i know the response on a timeline for that.

Hopefully they will get these items squared away soon, but the fact that customer service is deflecting questions and dates is a little concerning. Waiting on parts is neither "innovative or revolutionary", especially when they hype up a gun like they did the vinci. After all this frustration i shoulda just bought a SBEII...but its possible when the SBE/II came out people were waiting on parts as well?? Guess ill sit and wait. Ok im done with that rant, just wanted to inform the vinci owners of what not to order or try to order for now...cause they aint got it and dont know when they will.

• 2 months later...

Really not happy to read that.

After the Vinci rattled the heck out of my jaw last weekend I was thinking that a raised comb might help. I had wrongly assumed these are readily available like for the other models.

Guess I won't know any time soon.

Typical of a new(er) firearm. The manufacturer focuses on getting firearms out as fast as possible and opts not to over-produce accessories and swappable components. This leaves early adopters--typically a company's most loyal and enthusiastic costumers--out in the cold when it comes to customization. Its bad business, but it happens all the time.

• 5 weeks later...

As far as raised combs go..the part number above doesnt fit the "Vinci's" comfort tech stock because its different, despite the name. I am about to find out if a limbsaver for an SBEII will work soon, maybe someone on here has already checked that one out?

Did you find out about the limbsaver yet?

I got a response from them that they had not yet evaluated the Vinci...

• 3 weeks later...

I too have been attempting to get a satisfactory response ... here is todays email (10/04/10) ... not much help but we are getting closer;

To: CS

Benelli 81044P Raised ComforTech Gel Comb Insert.

Will this product fit on the Vinci?

CS Reply,

That comb will fit, but it will not be a perfect fit as the Vinci comb is slightly different. We will have combs for the Vinci, but that won't be until after the first of the year.

I guess meaning sometime in the 1st half of 2011.

• 1 month later...

i guess in europe they have all the accessories and different colors...i woulda gotten the desert dune color if it was here in the US. Also check the recoil pads, cheek pads and yes a pistol grip for the vinci...pretty sweet. Im still waiting for all this to come out over here, need a cheek pad and max4 pistol grip :( http://www.benellivinci.it/newsite/en