Scope and Mounts for SBE II Rifled Slug Barrel

Begbie

I’d like to get a rifled slug barrel for an SBE II and mount a scope on it.

I know the slug barrel comes with barrel-mounted sights. But do they interfere with what size scope (40mm / 50mm) that you can mount on it without either touching the sights or without the sights being seen through the scope.

Also, if you need to mount the scope high to get relief from the sights, is it a good idea to get a raised comb? Do any of you use a raised comb on your SBE slug gun?

Thanks for your input.

raised combs are a waste of money! i wont pay over 20 bucks for one! but you aint neva gunna find them that cheap!

also good luck with that slug barrel! that will cost ya quite a bit of cheese too! If ya can buy a rifle! but if your not able to hunt with a rifle or just want a slug barrel.. goodluck! I would just get some peep sights and raise the scope a bit! See how comfortable you feel after you get it setup.. if you wanna shell out the doe for a raised comb.. go for it! thats up to you! buy the mounts and scope first! you may find that you dont need the comb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Lboongon123

yup i agree with you.

raised combs are a waste of money! i wont pay over 20 bucks for one! but you aint neva gunna find them that cheap!

also good luck with that slug barrel! that will cost ya quite a bit of cheese too! If ya can buy a rifle! but if your not able to hunt with a rifle or just want a slug barrel.. goodluck! I would just get some peep sights and raise the scope a bit! See how comfortable you feel after you get it setup.. if you wanna shell out the doe for a raised comb.. go for it! thats up to you! buy the mounts and scope first! you may find that you dont need the comb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...