Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
jrichmond182

Vinci killing my trigger finger with heavy loads

Just got my Vinci and decided to break it in with 3 boxs of heavy loads. The kick wasn't bad but it jammed my finger up something fierce. did the same thing to two of my buddies. I tried every different way of pulling the trigger but still the same affect. Switched to dove loads and clay loads and no troubles at all with my finger. Any one else have this issue?

by the way, no jams or feed problems yet, great gun!

I have never owned a Vinci but you have a problem if the trigger is resetting so fast that it's killing your finger.

I have never owned a Vinci but you have a problem if the trigger is resetting so fast that it's killing your finger.

Its not the trigger resetting, Its the top of the trigger gaurd hitting the top of my index finger from the recoil.

I get the same thing with my SBE l when I shoot turkey loads out of it. It slams you a good one..No pain, no gain, I guess. Light gun, heavy load = sore finger..Enjoy your new gun..Mike

It's a fairly common problem with Benellis, but the Vinci's trigger guard seems to be designed to make it worse.

Some people put a round or two of tape on the finger.

My SBEII gave me a couple of good whacks when I first got it, but I have adapted a stronger grip on the stock and a firmer shoulder plant to negate the issue.

It's all second nature now and I haven't had any more problems with it.

It's a fairly common problem with Benellis, but the Vinci's trigger guard seems to be designed to make it worse.

Some people put a round or two of tape on the finger.

My SBEII gave me a couple of good whacks when I first got it, but I have adapted a stronger grip on the stock and a firmer shoulder plant to negate the issue.

Wow, I can say that be it buckshot, slugs or what have you I've never experienced this with any of my Benelli's. As you said it looks like a better grip and some muscle is needed to remedy the issue.

Thanks for the info. just wanted to see if we were the only ones with this problem or not. Other than the pain of shooting heavy loads, the gun is great. Shot 350 light loads through her so far and no jams or cycle problems yet.

ive had feed problems but im not through the break in period yet and the problem is getting better slowly...same here with the finger issue, shot a slug the other day and it wacked my index finger pretty good.

I had the same experience with my Vinci when I first shot it. Only happened a couple of times and now that I'm comfortable with the gun, it's a non-issue.